• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC heavyweight title fight – Cormier vs Lewis

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
November 3 in Madison Square Garden is the 1st defense of Daniel Cormier of his UFC heavyweight belt against Derrick Lewis who is on a roll with his 9 wins in 10 fights. His last was a knockout of Alexander Volkov after being on the receiving end of so many hard punches. In the final seconds of the fight, Lewis sent Volkov on the mat with a heavy punch that ended the match.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Dana made money right for Daniel Cormier, and he figures he will out wrestle and probably submit Lewis fast. But if we remember Lewis has said he fights for the money to take this fight, he had just said he wouldn't want on a months notice, after a 15 min slugger with Drago. Id bet Derrick's balls is hot thinking of his pay in the contract.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I think that Cormier would win this fight with a knockout. Cormier has only one loss and it's against Jon Jones while his opponent Lewis has a lot of losses already. Also physique wise Cormier has a more proportioned and healthier looking body than Lewis. When it comes to skills, Cormier is faster and can execute a lot more techniques than Lewis. Lewis on the other hand has more bulk and power. The only way Lewis could win this fight is thru a lucky punch.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Daniel Vs. Derrick?! Madison Square Garden?! This is going to be EPIC!!!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with @Kakashi2020 that the only way Lewis could win the fight is thru a lucky punch just like the result of his fight against Alexander Volkov. Lewis was visibly spent and a virtual loss is in the offing until a lucky punch hit Volkov who went down for a free pounding from Lewis that the referee had to declare a knockout. I don't think Lewis could do that to Cormier who is very strong and agile. It will be a one-sided affair like a warm up fight for Cormier.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Surely Lewis could win this fight, everything is possible. However, Cormier has handled heavy hitters before and he won’t lose to someone who can’t even run a mile. I mean, I like Lewis as a fighter and all but it will not be a walk in the park for him.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The odds on betting shows that Cormier is a heavy favorite at -700 and Lewis at +500. My personal bet would be Cormier by a knockout in less than 4 rounds which means the fight will no reach the so called championship rounds. But we cannot discount an upset because of the heavy power of Lewis which he displayed in his recent fight. But if ever, Lewis can only hope for a lucky punch, so to speak.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As I had expected with the ending of the fight, I was right in my speculation. Lewis lasted only for 2 rounds that he succumbed to a submission when Cormier gave him the proverbial rear naked choke. It was all Cormier in the first round with a takedown followed by another takedown that made Lewis looked like a pauper who is needing help. Cormier was -500 favorite in the Vegas betting odds and they are right with their prediction. Lewis was not a worthy opponent for a title fight.