• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

1 week out

hydro

hydro

hey guys its tuesday b4 my comp and i just have a few questions, im water loading atm and slowly cutting water down as the week goes by. im depleting my carbs atm mon-thurs to bout 50-60g a day, 1/2 cup of oats pre workout and baked potato post workout along with sum steamed vegs. i have competed once b4 a couple of months ago. im just wondering about the carbing up and depleting phase. for my last comp i didnt deplete i jus kept my carbs around 100g till the day b4 and then carbed up. i had thin base pizza with jus ham, egg, olives and ate 2-3 slices every 2 hours then on the morning of the show had sum small pancakes with maple syrup. i started to drink very little water (jus sips) afta miday of the last day (fri). i was pretty happy with the way i looked on stage depending on where i was standing on stage cos the lighting wasnt that great i looked harder than at other times. my abs looked good in sum shots and bad in others compared to what they were days b4 but culd b cos of lighting. cos in sum shots they looked good.
this time im carb depleting and planing to carb up fri with thin base pizza jus ham olives and egg and mayb sum dry oats to then having pancakes on sat morn and in between pre judging and night show have sum muffins and pizza. i felt that my quads looked smoother on stage agen culda been lighting cos they look beta in various fotos, compared to days b4 in the gym they looked good, and abs looked beta days b4 but on stage in sum shots wen i was directly under light they looked hard.
will the carb depletion make a diff this tym, as i held a little bit of water in the abs last show. by the way im 19 and compete as a natural , other than that i was happy with the way i looked. ive heard bout using rice cakes with peanut butter for carbing up any sugestions? thanks

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems to me you should study endochrinology.

Why do you deplete?

Why do you slowly lower your water intake?

Why do you carb up on pizza?

What about sodium?

What about Potassium?

Are you even in shape? (otherwise peaking won't even matter much)

Why no pictures?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i can answer the last two questions :keke:

yes he is in shape(trains at same gym as me)

ask nicely for pictues :disgust:
i know he has some from his last show :gaygay:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems to me you should study endochrinology.

Why do you deplete?

Why do you slowly lower your water intake?

Why do you carb up on pizza?

What about sodium?

What about Potassium?

Are you even in shape? (otherwise peaking won't even matter much)

Why no pictures?

Seems to me you need to adjust your attitude towards people who are asking for help & their thoughts on what would be better

here are some pictures from his last comp, which was his first comp also,

he is competing this weekend at the age of 19 & should be around 85kg on stage, ill be taking some pictures this weekend of it

Last edited by a moderator:
hydro

hydro

dw guys ive got it figured out :) thanks

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems to me you need to adjust your additude towards people who are asking for help & their thoughts on what would be better

here are some pictures from his last comp, which was his first comp also,

he is competing this weekend at the age of 19 & should be around 85kg on stage, ill be taking some pictures this weekend of it

My attitude :e5dunno: I'm asking pretty straightforward questions based on his initial post which contains general misunderstandings/myths on the topic. I'm trying to help the guy and I'm sure he can answer for himself :eek5nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good luck with your contest. Let us know your placing

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looking pretty good in those pics man....made some gains ont he offseason?show us some more recent pics so we can see ur improvments

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My attitude :e5dunno: I'm asking pretty straightforward questions based on his initial post which contains general misunderstandings/myths on the topic. I'm trying to help the guy and I'm sure he can answer for himself :eek5nono:

I understand your asking pretty straight forward questions, but the way it sounded, just sounded abit rude thats what i thought,

Just a misunderstanding from my view on how you said it,
sorry:keke:

hydro

hydro

in those pix im about 78-79kg, got to 105kg in the offseason and still was pretty lean only had a litlle fat, im weighing 85kg atm and havent lost any size just my legs have gotten smaller but become more separated so im looking to b around 82-83kg on stage, ill b competing in the teenage division natural comp so ill b the oldest in my division so ill hav all the advantage i got a good chance of winning i think :ughfingers: considering ive improved since those pix, :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
hydro

hydro

jus ova 6 foot

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah I'm the same, same age to lol. You dropped a big amount of weight, props for that :xyxthumbs:

hydro

hydro

cheers bro,

hydro

hydro

sorry for the late reply, i got 3rd but i rekon i should of placed at least 2nd even first for that matter, the guy that came first his legs were half my size and the guy that came 2nd was way softer than me :angrydude: but hey thats competing i guess

hydro

hydro

the lighting at this show was shit, the pix make u look softer than u actualy are but heres a pic anyway

Attachments

• con101.JPG
    con101.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 227
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah i was there, it took them all mornin just to play around with the lights for the show, then the show got delayed longer and longer, and it was about maybe 1 hour behind :keke:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looked awesome man...improvements for sure!Just keep at it and soon enough they will reward u

hydro

hydro

yeh my legs biggest improvement :) thanks m8 will do