• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

16 weeks out back shots 20 y.o.

F

Freak

Reardb 1

Rearlat 1

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to bring up my upper back? As you can see I have trouble with it, especially noticeable in the lat spread.

Right now my back routine is:

lat pulldowns to the front, bentover rows, deadlifts, one arm db rows, seated cable rows.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To me, it looks like the lack of traps is what is taking away from your upper back. Your width is there, and the deadlifts do look like they are working too(lower back). Oh and nice whole in your wall. :keke:

F

Freak

To me, it looks like the lack of traps is what is taking away from your upper back. Your width is there, and the deadlifts do look like they are working too(lower back). Oh and nice whole in your wall. :keke:

thx. my step dad put a lot of effort into creating that hole when he was drunk. btw look at the lower left corner of the lat pic. my cat looks like a friggin owl. creepy..

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Shrugs behind your back should do the trick :xyxthumbs:

F

Freak

Shrugs behind your back should do the trick :xyxthumbs:

Yeah I think I'll start focusing on traps more.. To tell you the truth I don't even remember the last time I've done em.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Yeah I think I'll start focusing on traps more.. To tell you the truth I don't even remember the last time I've done em.

Its a great excersise. :xyxthumbs:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You do look very good for 16 weeks out.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
T-bar rows always seem to hammer my upper back pretty well. Great pics by the way. That teres major is going to pop out and tie in real nicely when you are all shredded.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looking good bro, keep us updated
whats your current stats
weight etc

:49: @ your cat and the whole in your wall :keke:

Any front shots?

KM110

KM110

Looking great bro. Traps could need some work, but everyone hits the stage with some lagging parts. Keep us updated bro.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
F

Freak

Thx all. I weighed myself a week ago, I was 198 lbs, at 5'9". And like I said I'm 20. I'll make some front shots soon as well. I think my legs seem to be the weakest body part at the moment. I took some time off after my last show and when I got back into training legs were the least of my concern and I rarely trained them. And now I'm realizing that they're far behind as they've atrophied quiet a bit in the past few months so I gotta hit em hard now.

sqwert

sqwert

you def look on track man. your back is looking thick. should come in right on schedule

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is some solid weight to be carrying around on your frame especially considering that you are quite lean bro!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pics look really good. Aswell as the suggestions about trpap work judging by what you're already doing it looks quite thickness and mid/lower back oriented - try some more chin type work.
Look good though buddy.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah looking great for 20, start doing rack deads, i had the exact same problem as you, barn door width and no upper back thickness, starting doing rack deads, and whammo, upper back thickness, the rack dead does for your upper back thickness, what regular deads do for your lower back thickness. set the pins at your knees and load up the bar and go nuts

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
seems that your on some good juice :)

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You look awesome for 20 bro :2:
The lower thickness is there, and the width with detail is impressive. Your traps are not a real weak part, but can be brought up a bit. Simple shrugs with BB in the front or back, or DB shrugs will bring them up easily. Keep up the good work, its obviously paying off.