• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Proposition 8

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't mind if black people have the same rights as us whites, but we should call it something different.......like maybe Jim Crow laws...

lulz. right?

What you and Ironslave just said don't relate because those examples don't violate the definition of a word.

Marriage = union of people of opposite sex. Two people of the same sex can't be considered marriage. :xmashsughdunno:

They can ditch the word marriage completely for all I care, but in order for two people of the same sex to be considered married, they'd have to change the actual definition of the word.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What happens if a black male and white female (or vice versa) form a 'union'? Should that be called "marriage" as well? Or should we make up another word because it's "different".

the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. this does not contradict the definition of marriage.

What you and Ironslave just said don't relate because those examples don't violate the definition of a word.

Originally posted by Arcane1129
Marriage = union of people of opposite sex. Two people of the same sex can't be considered marriage.

They can ditch the word marriage completely for all I care, but in order for two people of the same sex to be considered married, they'd have to change the actual definition of the word.

:werdrun_2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. this does not contradict the definition of marriage.

Oh? Says who...

... something like this must be in the laws that (should) govern the land, the constitution. Does the constitution give this definition of marriage?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
you're a child.

No sir, technically you're a child. And I meant every word of that and not necessarily just the christian groups. If anybody here is Californian and voted against gay marriage, no offence but I also hope you die in a fire as well. I really, really hate discrimination.

the union of a man and a man is different than that of a man and a woman. period. they are different. they should be defined differently.
They might be different in terms of genders but remember, we no longer discriminate in terms of gender. Women have the exact same rights as men, and vice-versa. Hence a many should be allowed to marry a man just like a woman is allowed to marry a man and a woman should be allowed to marry a woman just as a man is allowed to marry a woman. Its that fucking simple. All individuals have the same rights.

their rights are important and they will have the same rights as the hetro couple.
No they don't, they are not allowed to have their union legally recognised as marriage.

marriage is defined as a man and a woman. find a different word because some of those who are married are offended by the use of that word in gay unions.

Fuck them, they can die in a fire. And don't go trying to insinuate that it is married couple that are stopping gays getting married. It is bigots that are stopping gay people from getting married (A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles or identities differing from his or her own).

they have just as much a right to be offended by it as the gay couple do to be together.
Of course they have a right to be offended, no one is telling them how to think. But they have no right to deny another person their individual rights.

and according to polls in arizona, california, and several other states who passed similar legislation to prop 8, there are more of those that are offended or opposed to these unions than there are for. these people's opinion matter just as much as the gay ones. you telling them to "fuck off" is just plain funny and as ignorant and a disregarding of liberties as those you are speaking out against.

Again, people are entitled to their opinions. What they are not entitled to do is deny another person's rights. I am also entitled to tell them to fuck off. It is not ignorant to do so. Don't try and turn my words on me little man.

i don't support what the church is doing in denying gays even the right to be together. they should be. but the church has every right to keep a word with sacred meaning to it sacred in their eyes.

The church do not own the word marriage.

:xmasslap:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh? Says who...

... something like this must be in the laws that (should) govern the land, the constitution. Does the constitution give this definition of marriage?

it was the accepted definition when the constitution was written. you're being silly if you think otherwise. the proposition that was passed in arizona and california were to ammend their consitutions to define marriage as between a man and a woman. so yes in some parts of the country it IS in the constitution.

the churches find it wrong and morally objectionable for two members of the same sex to wed and this is a word they hold very sacred. this IS THEIR RIGHT. why don't you stand up for everyone's rights and not just those you support.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
the churches find it wrong and morally objectionable for two members of the same sex to wed and this is a word they hold very sacred. this IS THEIR RIGHT. why don't you stand up for everyone's rights and not just those you support.

They don't own the word you bloody idiot!!! :angrydude:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No sir, technically you're a child. And I meant every word of that and not necessarily just the christian groups. If anybody here is Californian and voted against gay marriage, no offence but I also hope you die in a fire as well. I really, really hate discrimination.

They might be different in terms of genders but remember, we no longer discriminate in terms of gender. Women have the exact same rights as men, and vice-versa. Hence a many should be allowed to marry a man just like a woman is allowed to marry a man and a woman should be allowed to marry a woman just as a man is allowed to marry a woman. Its that fucking simple. All individuals have the same rights.

No they don't, they are not allowed to have their union legally recognised as marriage.

Fuck them, they can die in a fire. And don't go trying to insinuate that it is married couple that are stopping gays getting married. It is bigots that are stopping gay people from getting married (A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles or identities differing from his or her own).

Of course they have a right to be offended, no one is telling them how to think. But they have no right to deny another person their individual rights.

Again, people are entitled to their opinions. What they are not entitled to do is deny another person's rights. I am also entitled to tell them to fuck off. It is not ignorant to do so. Don't try and turn my words on me little man.

The church do not own the word marriage.

:xmasslap:

ha little man. so i guess that makes you a midget or something then?

you can go FUCK YOURSELF for continually telling me to do so. you can go bang your head against a brick fucking wall until you realize that just because people are opposed to certain things doesn't make them discriminatory. you are one of the worst fucking debaters on this site. your substance is decent, but your wording of things and telling those of us on this board who are religious to fuck off shows your childish infantile ways. i'm done with you.

this post shouldn't be deleted. freako needs to learn to respect the liberties of those he's opposed to as well as those he supports and stop acting like a 10 year old. people who hold marriage as a sacred word between man and woman have just as much a right to do so as gays do to be together. deal with it and GTFO of this thread.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They don't own the word you bloody idiot!!! :angrydude:

no fucking shit. but they're allowed to defend it because it means a lot to them. it's their right little man. again, deal with it.

man the fail in here is epic from freako.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Freako and Duality please calm down and do not start to get personal with this thread.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I know you can't reply but I still wish to reply to your post. I hope I don't step on any toes by doing so.

ha little man. so i guess that makes you a midget or something then?

Ok, sorry about that, I was being patronising because you're a lot younger than me. I apologise.

you can go FUCK YOURSELF for continually telling me to do so.

I went back and checked an other than the picture I posted as a joke before the thread go heated, I did not once directly tell you to go "go fuck yourself"... unless a post of mine was deleted but I don't think it was.

you can go bang your head against a brick fucking wall until you realize that just because people are opposed to certain things doesn't make them discriminatory. you are one of the worst fucking debaters on this site. your substance is decent, but your wording of things and telling those of us on this board who are religious to fuck off shows your childish infantile ways. i'm done with you.

I am actually a rather good debater/arguer and I know this. I studied philosophy for a while and was rather good at it, especially my essays. I never meant to tell all people who are religious to "fuck off", what I really meant was that religious people and all others who are trying to ban gay marriage can "fuck off" as they do not have the right to infringe upon the rights of others. Again I stand by this statement.

this post shouldn't be deleted. freako needs to learn to respect the liberties of those he's opposed to as well as those he supports and stop acting like a 10 year old.

I respect their right to be opposed to it, but they have no right to ban it.

people who hold marriage as a sacred word between man and woman have just as much a right to do so as gays do to be together. deal with it and GTFO of this thread.

:xmasohnoes:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is unconstitutional to deny a group of people the same rights as other due to a religious basis. Separation of Church and state is supposed to mean something. The government has no right to intervene on these people's rights, and if this is taken to the Superior Court I hope they follow the constitution as they are supposed to.
The word "Marriage" means nothing, it is a word as any other word and nothing more. If the church's chose to deny them access to get married that is their choice to deny service. But this is wrong in so many ways, and shows how once more religion and "God" is as fucked up as their followers.

Can u please either change your statement or tell me what i believe that makes me fucked up? Or would u like to say the stereotypical extremists in any group not just religious are fucked up b/c that is a statement i could accept. Other wise your post reakes of shallow view points, or you only know uneducated people, or u only choose to acknowledge uneducated viewpoints, in the last case you would just be looking for a reason to complain about a certain group. In any case besides the extremists i disagree and think you are incorrect.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol, wowserz.

so since a large amount of people believe in a fictional person, marriage is their word? lulz.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can u please either change your statement or tell me what i believe that makes me fucked up? Or would u like to say the stereotypical extremists in any group not just religious are fucked up b/c that is a statement i could accept. Other wise your post reakes of shallow view points, or you only know uneducated people, or u only choose to acknowledge uneducated viewpoints, in the last case you would just be looking for a reason to complain about a certain group. In any case besides the extremists i disagree and think you are incorrect.

Yes, I am sorry about that. I was writing that really quick and got off. I certainly mean extremists. Many Christians like yourself would not fall in that category, so I am sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to, I just typed that up and posted it too quick without thinking about that. :tiphat:

Edit: I changed that sentence to what I meant in the first place. Sorry BB, now come here and give me a hug :xmasbigok:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you and ben hug, vid and pics?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As a Christian I have to oppose gay marriage, but in accordance with the law of man and the constitution I have to agree that taking away thier right to be legally unioned is wrong. and goes aginst the basis of what this country stands for.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
As a Christian I have to oppose gay marriage, but in accordance with the law of man and the constitution I have to agree that taking away thier right to be legally unioned is wrong. and goes aginst the basis of what this country stands for.

Thats what I don't like about religion.