• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Proposition 8

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont see the meaning of marriage if i truly love another person i will be with her/him and i dont care what religions have to say neither i will go to a church and give my money to the priests

religions=bullshit
priests= useless douche bags that lie all the time and tell people to live in denial because thats what their super almighty lord wants,throw them to the lions...

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Geez I am feeling a bit of Anti-Christ going on here, well god loves you all.

- god bless.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

- god bless.

I dont hate god, nor do I disagree with the point of religion, but I find it very unsettling when people say 'I have to think this way because of my religion.'

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

- god bless.

the same way he loves little kids that starve to death in africa?oh man dont know where this world would be without the love of the almighty lord

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As a Christian I have to oppose gay marriage, but in accordance with the law of man and the constitution I have to agree that taking away thier right to be legally unioned is wrong. and goes aginst the basis of what this country stands for.

No you don't, your allowed to have free will. With that you can chose to not agree with your man made religious laws like opposition to gays. God did not come down and literally tell man to hate gays. God is supposed to love all people including gays. Your falling for the BS that is religion, man made crap that in no way is the right way to worship God. If you fell that it is wrong to deny people rights based on their sexual orientation then you can whether you are a "Christian" or not. :xmasbigok:

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
gays are gods creation too,why is everybody so sure that god isnt gay,why did he give the ten Commandments to moses and not some hot chick?why all angels are males and not females?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
gays are gods creation too,why is everybody so sure that god isnt gay,why did he give the ten Commandments to moses and not some hot chick?why all angels are males and not females?

:bowroflarms:

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since when did the bible become the ultimate law in this land?

Whatever happened to the Bill of Rights and Constitution?

EDIT: And, I need to agree with Ben, here. Do not stereotype an entire group just because of some extremists.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

God.... doesn't have a gender, he is the supreme being beyond anythign you can comprehend. and with the absense of gender there is no sexuality. Moses was given the ten commandment becuase of you read the bible the freed slaves, started worshipping bulls and men start fucking each other, and women were whoring out of control.
It was a giant orgy and there was chaos amongst all of them which is also why they never got into the promise land. Please read the bible before making points or statements about it, it comes in all languages and are even given out for free at churches. Or ask a jewish person the old testament after all is thier book. the new testamant aka the following of Christ is our book.

Actually angels are celestial creature they do not have a gender, humans or man kind have just always associated them as men due to the domination of the man during our time here on earth, men have represented strength, authority and maculinity.

In years of man's rule it would have been unheard of for us to attribute that kinda of strength or power and angel to a female. Just human preferences to give it an identity.
santaroll

Skeptic said:
I dont hate god, nor do I disagree with the point of religion, but I find it very unsettling when people say 'I have to think this way because of my religion.

That is becuase it is religion, a set of beliefs or futher defined as ruleset to believe by. Homosexuality is something that will always exist I have accepted it, Gay marriage will happen I have accepted that as well. But religion is the basis of my opinion but if this was handed to me I would niether support nor oppose it becuase I believe in the rights of the consistitution. I have to beleive this way it's the way my lifestyle formed and is followed just as say if I came and told you a guitar can no longer used in music.

I'd think you would revolt cause you love metal, you love the sound of a guitar. Or a tasty riff that just sends shivers up your spine, and makes you envy the man that played it. Just as you beleive that beacuse of your support of Metal, I have to beleive my personal cause.

alex said:
the same way he loves little kids that starve to death in africa?oh man dont know where this world would be without the love of the almighty lord

god gave man free will. personality and the mind to act upon it. You are goign to tell me that Africans have always starved? No, for fucking years africa was a country and still is a country with mixed religions. Thusly for the past oh lets see pick up a history book for the last 2 centuries the world has systematically raped that country over and over and over agian.

Africa has the worlds most adbundant resources. diamonds, game (meat), plantlife, oil. And becuase they are not universally binded my a single religion they could be picked apart and ever help each other pick apart thier own country. LEts say a century back No african was ever enslaved or thier country occupied. Now lets say that country was a 90% christian country about 2 centuries ago would thing be different about it today?

this very moment in time mankind has the ability to help Africa if we pulled togather we could make it a country of prosperity, no starvation. but we have greed we love profit.
I dunno, but you can't blame god for the doings of man. :xmashsughdunno:

Braaq said:
No you don't, your allowed to have free will. With that you can chose to not agree with your man made religious laws like opposition to gays. God did not come down and literally tell man to hate gays. God is supposed to love all people including gays. Your falling for the BS that is religion, man made crap that in no way is the right way to worship God. If you fell that it is wrong to deny people rights based on their sexual orientation then you can whether you are a "Christian" or not.

And with free will I can choose to murder, I can choose to rape, terrorize.
Religion has taught me these are wrong, just as it has taught me that homosexuality is wrong. Do I hate the gays? no, god taught me to love all of mankind. Will I oppose them from being happy? no is it not my right as a fellow man to do so. Will I support it? No.

What I am simply doing is voicing my opinion, and much of my opinion is formed around the basis of Christianity. I don't go to church and listen to some middle aged man give me his opinion of god. I pray, I read my bible and have formed thoughts and opinions on my own accord. The Bible has helped me form those opinions and beliefs.

And with that said Braaq, I do realize I can make my own choice and I have although it has been created, with wisdom I attained from the bible. now somthing about my opinion is just becuase I am not for the gays does not mean I am aginst them. Just the same as when someone opposes the war does not mean they are aginsts the USA as a whole, just the act of war upon another nation. Maybe that makes sense
:xmashsughdunno:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont see the meaning of marriage if i truly love another person i will be with her/him and i dont care what religions have to say neither i will go to a church and give my money to the priests

religions=bullshit
priests= useless douche bags that lie all the time and tell people to live in denial because thats what their super almighty lord wants,throw them to the lions...

First off I forgive you for calling my religions and beliefs bullshit, and condemning the priest and sages of my and other religions to death by lions. But beyond that I must defend the priest they beleive while heartedly thus if they speak what they beleive cannot really be lieing.

No one tells you to care what religions think or to give money to priest you have free will do what you please. I do not go to church, I do not pay tithe, I do read my bible and love God and Jesus as my lord and savior.

And to attribute my beliefs as bullshit you are hating my religion just as much as others hate homosexuality. I nor hate nor wish death or harm to any man gay or straight except this little fucker that screwed with me in 2nd grade but that's another story. As I have read this forums people have said I should die in a fire..... be thrown to lions which is ironic cause that has actually happened to people in the bible lol, and they lived. ANYwho! show me one christian that has wished death upon a gay all we have done was oppose an act. And some of you have judged us to death becuase of our opinions that is more wrong that Prop 8.
:xmashsughdunno:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok Musclemecca forums, why in the name of God can't I post long replies ? Anyway, here are my thoughts, please somebody tell me they at least read them because posting it as an image took some time.

x4prua-1.jpg

Bhana

Bhana

Im with Samoan on this one. If religon opposes gay marriages, the church should not them.

Im not personally against gays. And i dont believe you are born gay. God gave us a choice on how to live our lives. Follow good or evil. According to every religon (I think) homosexuality is evil.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
During the 1990's evidence was found that a gene could be the root cause of homosexuality. It was thought that the X chromosome, which is passed from the mother to the son, carried the variability that accounted for becoming gay. More recently, both the X and Y chromosomes have been investigated to determine the causes of homosexuality. The Y chromosome is passed from the father to the son and it is this Y chromosome that determined the sex of the baby. All of these studies have been successful to the extent that they have found genetic factors to be the cause of homosexuality in fifty to sixty percent of the populations studied.

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=weblog&id=97&wlid=5&cn=55

I highly doubt someone wakes up and thinks to themselves, "I want to be attracted to the same sex, thought down upon by society, risk my life, risk being disowned by my parents and friends, etc."

EDIT: Why would anyone have anything against gays? If a guy next to you is gay how will it affect you?

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think God is Bi-Curious.

1102_pissed_butters.jpg

And Christians are just confused.

:xmaswiggle:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
That is becuase it is religion, a set of beliefs or futher defined as ruleset to believe by. Homosexuality is something that will always exist I have accepted it, Gay marriage will happen I have accepted that as well. But religion is the basis of my opinion but if this was handed to me I would niether support nor oppose it becuase I believe in the rights of the consistitution. I have to beleive this way it's the way my lifestyle formed and is followed just as say if I came and told you a guitar can no longer used in music.

I'd think you would revolt cause you love metal, you love the sound of a guitar. Or a tasty riff that just sends shivers up your spine, and makes you envy the man that played it. Just as you beleive that beacuse of your support of Metal, I have to beleive my personal cause

There is a difference between having a set of beliefs to live by, and letting said beliefs override even your logic. You don't HAVE TO believe that way. You choose to... blindly it seems.

How is that a credible comparison, seriously?

EDIT: Great post Neo-Soviet :xyxthumbs:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is a difference between having a set of beliefs to live by, and letting said beliefs override even your logic. You don't HAVE TO believe that way. You choose to... blindly it seems.

How is that a credible comparison, seriously?

EDIT: Great post Neo-Soviet :xyxthumbs:
I was comparing it to a set of beliefs, although not on the same level both still beliefs. I don't follow blindly like I have stated lemme copy and paste.

Me in reponse to Braaq said:
What I am simply doing is voicing my opinion, and much of my opinion is formed around the basis of Christianity. I don't go to church and listen to some middle aged man give me his opinion of god. I pray, I read my bible and have formed thoughts and opinions on my own accord. The Bible has helped me form those opinions and beliefs.

I do not follow blindly but have chosen to take certain acts as sinful and unacceptable in my eyes, say if the example of me having a son who turned out to be gay? I honestly dunno what i'd do I would not love him less cuase he is my son I guess I would be disappointed though. Homosexuality is just something im not really flexible with but my arguements are agisnt the Anti-Religion post that are rampant I am the only one speaking for the faith and if I must be this threads christian champion so be it.

but in specific regard to Prop 8 is they are attmept to nullify a law that has already been passed and accepted. like I said I have accepted gay into society and gay marriage I don't care although I will dislike the act and always will I am taught to hate the sin not the sinner. As a christian I will not sit idly by and allow yall to drag my beliefs in the verbal dirty without fighting for it.
I am against Prop 8 I am simply arguing in this blame game on religions. but on the same flip side you won't catch me out there with a rainbow coalition sign protesting it either.
Great post Neo, how you can post a pic and not a long post I dunno.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
There is a massive difference between my belief in a musical instrument... and (like your hypothetical example) your disappointment in a son because he happens to be gay. Being gay IMO is not a choice. Why should we punish these people for something they had no control over?

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why would anyone have anything against gays? If a guy next to you is gay how will it affect you?
He might buy me a drink.santasmile

One of my dearest friends is gay, he did not choose it. It's not a choice, just like being a red-head isn't a choice. It's a hard road to take, filled with difficulty.
I respect everyone's beliefs, but I don't have to agree with you. That is Freedom.
The bible was written a long time ago, maybe we have progressed as a society since then, maybe we haven't. My friend is NOT Evil because he loves his boyfriend, anymore than I am evil for loving my girlfriend. To truly be Free, you have to free your mind from the prison of belief. None of the people in the Church are any closer to God than you are, their word should not hold any sway over you. God gave you the gift of Free will, not to follow others words, but to think for yourself. I mean Jesus was a rebel man, he broke from the establishment, went against them all, and died on a cross for his. How many others were burned at the stake for theirs?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He might buy me a drink.santasmile

One of my dearest friends is gay, he did not choose it. It's not a choice, just like being a red-head isn't a choice. It's a hard road to take, filled with difficulty.
I respect everyone's beliefs, but I don't have to agree with you. That is Freedom.
The bible was written a long time ago, maybe we have progressed as a society since then, maybe we haven't. My friend is NOT Evil because he loves his boyfriend, anymore than I am evil for loving my girlfriend. To truly be Free, you have to free your mind from the prison of belief. None of the people in the Church are any closer to God than you are, their word should not hold any sway over you. God gave you the gift of Free will, not to follow others words, but to think for yourself. I mean Jesus was a rebel man, he broke from the establishment, went against them all, and died on a cross for his. How many others were burned at the stake for theirs?

I never said homosexuality is evil, nor to I hate any homosexuals my sister is a lesbian, and I love her im disappointed that she is a lesbian but tough it doesn't change my opinion about her. Personally I think that homosexuality is wrong but I hate the sin not the sinner. I have gay friends I do not think less of them. and in this entire arguement I no do support Prop 8 it is wrong I oppose gay marriage becuase back then I had the opportunity before it was passed by law. But it has been passed by law and it became the right for gays to marry. When it became their right well shit alright I support thier rights.

But prop 8 is attempting to nullify and infringe on those rights that have already been established and I beleive that is wrong this entire time I have agreed with all of you to the point it is wrong to take thier rights away. What I am voicing however is this hate this thread has built upon religion and in particular my religion and how many in here have voiced for us (Christians and other religions) to die by some means be it lions or fire what ever.

The bible teaches to respect the law, and the consititution is the law and it has been deemed and establish that the gays can marry and I will defend thier rights, I won't like it but it's thier right.

And yes if my son was gay I would be disappoint cause chances of a legacy through him aka children of his seed would be slim to non existant.