• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Blood Pressure in body building

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weightlifting can cause a temporary increase in blood pressure, and this increase can be dramatic, depending on how much weight you lift. But weightlifting can also have long-term benefits to blood pressure that outweigh the risk of a temporary spike in blood pressure for most people.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just finished work out and took my blood pressure right after. My heart rate was still feeling high. Bp was 145 over 65. Is this high for right after work out?

What ate your guys bp?

I am not with the medical field but I am wondering why the lower figure is very low at 65. When you are tired it is common for the blood pressure to shoot up by 20 to 30 points so that upper figure of 145 is just fine based on my knowledge. Again I am not comfortable with the 65 because that may mean you are lacking in potassium?

PS. I'm 64 so my normal blood pressure is 130/80 and when I am tired it goes up to 150/80 and rarely do I hit 150/90.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just finished work out and took my blood pressure right after. My heart rate was still feeling high. Bp was 145 over 65. Is this high for right after work out?

What ate your guys bp?

I am not with the medical field but I am wondering why the lower figure is very low at 65. When you are tired it is common for the blood pressure to shoot up by 20 to 30 points so that upper figure of 145 is just fine based on my knowledge. Again I am not comfortable with the 65 because that may mean you are lacking in potassium?

PS. I'm 64 so my normal blood pressure is 130/80 and when I am tired it goes up to 150/80 and rarely do I hit 150/90.

Personally, I have never had any blood pressure case in my life and I always make sure to check my blood pressure and blood sugar on weekly basis in order to have any knowledge when something is wrong with my health.

Low blood pressure is even more deadly than high blood pressure.