• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

41 year old , 1 year training need advice with weight control

E

Ezdrifler

New member
Joined
Jun 5, 2016
Messages
3
Points
1
Hi there,

I got back in the gym about a year ago, I am of skinny complection naturally.

I noticed strenght increasing and some gains but finally decided to focus on my protein intake and started increasing it taking about 150 grams daily ( trying to see how that goes before i change it ), and I noticed results. however weight is creeping up on me and im trying to not get too heavy.

I am 6'1"
Male

Training routine:
Mon- Chest/Tri
Wed- Back/Bi
Friday-Legs/Abs

I went in the gym a year ago weighting 243lbs, I dropped quickly to 217lbs, then I went up and stayed at 223lbs for a while, started packing 150/day grams of protein and now im up to 231.

I gained some fat around my waste line but no love handles.

So I decided to do 30m cardio 2-3 times a week on non weight days.

I want to bulk up but I think being this heavy is not healthy on your heart.

Any suggestions appreciated, ill post a picture below.

Im benching max 250
Squat max 275

I know i got a ways to go so i come to the pros :)
 
E

Ezdrifler

New member
Joined
Jun 5, 2016
Messages
3
Points
1
xxxx://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160605/07ccf0599ade54a0e035f125ee799100.jpg


Cant post a link but just change the xxxx to http
 
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
630
Points
18
Mind what you eat, how you eat and when you eat it. This is the first basic meal fact that you should know when you are set on losing and controlling your body weight. No matter how much you exercise to lose weight and you don't mind what you eat, it'd be a fruitless effort.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
The mention of the heart makes it scary because I have known some cases of heart issues as a side effect of excessive workout. Maybe you just have to listen to your body regarding the amount of exercise that if you feel very tired then that means you overdid your workout and when you feel so good then you can increase the reps of what you are doing. You also have to mind the input particularly the protein and supplements. I am not really against supplements but if you can avoid it then just go natural.
 

Similar threads

MuscleMaverick
Replies
3
Views
129
crunchtime247
crunchtime247
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
92
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
222
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Top