• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

5/3/1 and vacation

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
sooo i'm finally going on a well deserved holidays and i have a question.

Today i'll finish cycle2 week3 of 5/3/1 and i'll be out of town for 3 weeks, no gym, no weights. I plan on doing some pushups, bench dips and that kind of BW stuff while off but my question is regarding what should I do when I come back in sept.

Should I...

-just start cycle 3 week 1 as prescribed?
-repeat cycle 2?
-do 1 week of "coming back" and then resume to cycle 3?
-a totally dif. thing, explained below?

thanks!
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
You should still be able to hit at least the prescribed reps of cycle 3 when you come back. I'd say just continiue with cycle 3.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I'd actually suggest to repeat cycle 2. If you blow it out of the water in the first week then swap to cycle 3.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
mmm if it's of any help (as for knowing how easy/dificult cycle 2 is being) in week 3 i've done:

squats: 6 reps
OH pres: 10 reps
deadlift: 7 reps
benchpress: i aim for 7-8 reps

thanks both ;)
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I stand by my suggestion, 3 weeks off plus all the associated vices of holidaying will take there toll and you will lose a little bit of strength. Start off easy when you get back to the bar.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
I stand by my suggestion, 3 weeks off plus all the associated vices of holidaying will take there toll and you will lose a little bit of strength. Start off easy when you get back to the bar.

And, coming from you, i'll obey. Thanks a lot freako, really appreciated.

EDIT: must spread some reputation blablabla...
 

Similar threads

Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
125
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
340
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
MuscleSport TV
Replies
0
Views
615
MuscleSport TV
MuscleSport TV
Top