• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

A dietician or a nutritionist

B

Becca

I have been struggling with diet for so long I feel like I need a professional now. Is there really a difference between a dietician and a nutritionist. Please advice.

Reactions: TalkAdmin and KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome to the family here at Mecca!

Dietitians are the only health professionals regulated and protected by law. Registered nutritionists can provide evidence-based advice and information about food and healthy eating. Nutritional therapists provide alternative treatment, based on the idea that the body needs 'healing' and 'correcting'.

Reactions: TalkAdmin and Tazz
B

Becca

Thank you for your guidance. I know now who to look for.

Reactions: TalkAdmin and KaiGold
A

Athanas

Both are professionals in foods , diet and health. Their main difference is that, a nutritionist is solemnly concerned with public helath and overal health, while a dietitian is more concerned with patients. He assists in giving them therapeutic diets.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would personally choose a dietician because they are certified and the can also help to treat other clinical conditions. So with them you are safe and sure to be helped. But there is no huge difference between the two.