• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

A DIfferent Take On Protein

Bundy74

Bundy74

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
56
Points
8
Chicken and Red Meat, thats my life. I hate fish so seldom if not ever is that in the diet, well anything beyond Tuna at least. Some years ago prior to my competition goals, I was introduced to Buffalo meat. At the time it was hyped for being grass fed and free roaming, much cleaner, far less fat and more protein than red meat. I didnt think much of it and since I wasnt eating to grow just ignored it. Fast forward and most grocery stores are now selling it even in limited amounts. Now I try and get as many people to try as an alternative source of protein whenever possible.
Any of you tried Buffalo before?
 
Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Joined
Dec 12, 2016
Messages
1,419
Points
38
Oh yeah its a staple in my diet...its like what beef SHOULD taste like....love it.
 
Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Joined
Dec 12, 2016
Messages
1,419
Points
38
Oh and ya u can even buy itt at SOME walmarts in 1 pound packages. I usually get i
Minefrom costco in 4 pound (2 2 and qhalf pound packs together).
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
I've never seen Buffalo meat.
 
Bundy74

Bundy74

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
56
Points
8
You should try and find it man. Its a solid source for sure.
 
Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Joined
Dec 12, 2016
Messages
1,419
Points
38
Another awesome thing about the bison meat is that it is illegal to use any hormones on the livestock so its all natty lol.
 
naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
50
Points
6
Chicken and Red Meat, thats my life. I hate fish so seldom if not ever is that in the diet, well anything beyond Tuna at least. Some years ago prior to my competition goals, I was introduced to Buffalo meat. At the time it was hyped for being grass fed and free roaming, much cleaner, far less fat and more protein than red meat. I didnt think much of it and since I wasnt eating to grow just ignored it. Fast forward and most grocery stores are now selling it even in limited amounts. Now I try and get as many people to try as an alternative source of protein whenever possible.
Any of you tried Buffalo before?

I hate fish too. Chicken and eggs for me.
 
K

Kins

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
24
Points
3
It's disgusting and definitely not worth the price. Would rather eat real beef. I like fish also but good fish is expensive.
 
BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 1, 2014
Messages
1,104
Points
63
stay away from junk fish like tilapia
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
I'm also a meat eater it runs in the family and I love buffalo meat it's one of the best tasting "tapas"(dried and fried or stewed) it's super lean and a good source of protein. Have you tried horse meat?
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
118
Points
18
Buffalo is definitely on my Table.

To the Guys who Hate Fish.
Go to a Fish-Monger and get Fresh Caught Fish, not Frankenfish (farm raised).
There's some really Great Tasting varieties out there.
And a Good Fish-Monger will point you in the right direction................................ JP
 

Similar threads

Top