• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

A good workout for a senior

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Some seniors here are on their bike or just jugging in our village park. I always see those old guys in their short and white shirts to signify that they can still do a good deal of exercise. But the physician in our family warned us about abuse of the legs. The knee may develop pains especially when you get old. My exercise is the simple push up with the hand grip exerciser. I feel some sweat afterwards. No abuse of the legs although I walk to the market almost everyday as part of my physical routine.
 
macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 22, 2016
Messages
1,540
Points
48
Some seniors here are on their bike or just jugging in our village park. I always see those old guys in their short and white shirts to signify that they can still do a good deal of exercise. But the physician in our family warned us about abuse of the legs. The knee may develop pains especially when you get old. My exercise is the simple push up with the hand grip exerciser. I feel some sweat afterwards. No abuse of the legs although I walk to the market almost everyday as part of my physical routine.
Water exercises are good for low to no impact on legs and back for options..
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Some seniors here are on their bike or just jugging in our village park. I always see those old guys in their short and white shirts to signify that they can still do a good deal of exercise. But the physician in our family warned us about abuse of the legs. The knee may develop pains especially when you get old. My exercise is the simple push up with the hand grip exerciser. I feel some sweat afterwards. No abuse of the legs although I walk to the market almost everyday as part of my physical routine.
Water exercises are good for low to no impact on legs and back for options..
My mom went to physical therapy and it was in a pool. She is pretty old.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 22, 2016
Messages
1,540
Points
48
Some seniors here are on their bike or just jugging in our village park. I always see those old guys in their short and white shirts to signify that they can still do a good deal of exercise. But the physician in our family warned us about abuse of the legs. The knee may develop pains especially when you get old. My exercise is the simple push up with the hand grip exerciser. I feel some sweat afterwards. No abuse of the legs although I walk to the market almost everyday as part of my physical routine.
Water exercises are good for low to no impact on legs and back for options..
My mom went to physical therapy and it was in a pool. She is pretty old.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
Even with my back injury from work. I'm (47)They wanted me to do pool therapy. They said this will strengthen back and legs without the added pressure on my back and joints...
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Some seniors here are on their bike or just jugging in our village park. I always see those old guys in their short and white shirts to signify that they can still do a good deal of exercise. But the physician in our family warned us about abuse of the legs. The knee may develop pains especially when you get old. My exercise is the simple push up with the hand grip exerciser. I feel some sweat afterwards. No abuse of the legs although I walk to the market almost everyday as part of my physical routine.
Water exercises are good for low to no impact on legs and back for options..
My mom went to physical therapy and it was in a pool. She is pretty old.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
Even with my back injury from work. I'm (47)They wanted me to do pool therapy. They said this will strengthen back and legs without the added pressure on my back and joints...
My mom loved it.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
I have to agree that water exercise is one of the best, if not the best light exercise especially for seniors. Our high school adviser said that in the pool almost all your body parts are moving and the flesh is like being massaged. However, the pool exercise is not available for everyone here especially for the lower middle class like me. I only get to the pool when we go on a swimming trip to a resort.
 
A

Athanas

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2017
Messages
149
Points
18
Brisk walking, cycling, and doing pushups, according to me, are among the best exercises seniors can do.
 

Similar threads

Alexandoy
Replies
18
Views
6K
Heatman
Heatman
SpotMePlease
Replies
0
Views
1
SpotMePlease
SpotMePlease
Fadi Hussain
Replies
0
Views
35
Fadi Hussain
Fadi Hussain
Mind Pump TV
Replies
0
Views
31
Mind Pump TV
Mind Pump TV
Top