• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Active rest vs Non active rest

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
What does the literature tells us? Which is better for maximal results in recovery and is there a link with hypertrophy?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Um depends.......

I don't really feel like writing a literature review, because I'm procrastinating enough about the one I'm doing at the moment. Suffice to say that active rest will improve fitness, and work capacity; resting will promote better ATP recovery between intense bouts. Hypertrophy occurs with both, how much depends on so many other factors.
 

Similar threads

SteelPhysique
Replies
2
Views
97
chris_miller
chris_miller
SteelPhysique
Replies
2
Views
120
MuscleMaverick
MuscleMaverick
Anabolix
Replies
0
Views
91
Anabolix
Anabolix
Top