• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Addictive supplements

R

remnant

Banned
I have this feeling that some people are addicted to supplements. Some are chemically oriented and I have this feeling that they could be habit forming and or result in dependency in the long run. I might be theoretical here, anyone with surprises?

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I have this feeling that some people are addicted to supplements. Some are chemically oriented and I have this feeling that they could be habit forming and or result in dependency in the long run. I might be theoretical here, anyone with surprises?

I hate how it sounds, but yes, this is possible.
The same thing is with any chem or even any food we intake.
Coffee, sugar, chocolate, bacon.. lol... I see no difference with the supplements.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Mine,is a big monster energy drink I don't have to have it but it sure,helps

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is one energy drink here that is under investigation by the food and drug authorities. I will not name the brand although it is popular and maybe its popularity is the reason why it is now being investigated for its addictive contents. It is said that you put yourself at risk when you drink those energy drinks everyday but so many are doing that maybe because of the addictive effect on the body.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Addiction exists in every sector of society, we can virtually be addicted to anything, and certainly supplements are not an exception. It's up to each one to do their exercise responsibly, in the healthiest way possible.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

It is my experience that some supplements can be quite addictive like Ionamin which is a prescription drug for weight loss, I was first introduced to this drug in the first gym I work out in and drinking it causes your heart beat faster and I became more active and there's a sense of becoming more stronger. Ionamin also gave me insomnia, I can't sleep at nights so I went out and party all night without getting tired or wasted. Some of my friends then took it regularly and they seemed to be addicted to it because it really boosts their energy levels.

V

Viator

Kratom & phenibut can be psychologically addicting. Let's not forget it wasn't too long ago that GHB was sold as a dietary supplement. Now it's a schedule 2 prescription drug used to treat cataplexy. It is both physically and psychologically addicting and people can die from detoxing cold turkey.

I imagine it won't be too long before the supplement industry finds some other sketchy compound that has profound effects and turns out to be not just fun to take and possibly habit forming but outright addicting