• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

aesthetics and balance

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
regards BBing ofcourse
What REALLY is aesthetics?
Some would say pleasing to the eye but then again what pleases you may not please me making this arguement void

Is the david statue aesthetic just because it happens to be a generally well liked physique type or just because the greeks etc... wrote about what they thought was aesthetic and so it automatically became that? (which also happens to be what is generally liked today)

Wouldnt it have been possible to grow up thinking Huge physiques are aesthetic if that was the general concensus.

Imho there is no such thing as aesthetics and the idea of always balance is rubbish, but where created because it happened to be the most common thing and hence became generally accepted as correct thought

what do you think?
 
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,389
Points
38
good bone structure..good muscle shape, good muscle ballance..basically it.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
If you have to ask this question then you need to spend more time around the sport.

Yes it is a subjective viewpoint, but it is based upon certain criteria and balances to the physique. Currently there is a "mass is good" view held by most in BBing circles. But you can have mass and still be aesthetic (it is about balance).
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
It is like a judge once said about porn. Can't describe it, but I know it is porn when I see it.

Just think Zane, Paris, Benfatto etc.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Aesthetics = Frank Zane.
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
BB has to be something that it is beatifull.

Like Arnold said your body is your piece of art, your sculpture. The way I see it, the body has to be built in such a way that inspires others to workout to try to achive your type of physique.

Ronnie is great, but only a small percentage of people would like to have his body ( including Cutler).

Now if you say Arnold, Serge, Zane... That's what BB is about, drugs or no drugs.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
^^ i disagree, arms were too big and legs not big enough..my opinion..

Aesthetics=

Shawn Ray
Frank Zane
Chris Cormier
Toney freeman excl. chest tear
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
Flex 1993..
Arnold 1973, 1975.
Cormier 1999.
Frank Zane 1977.

and, of course,

Ed Corney 1975.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
How about Lee Labrada & Bob Paris?
 

Similar threads

TitanProgress
Replies
1
Views
86
Sarah_lifts
Sarah_lifts
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
75
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
83
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
91
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top