• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

AM vs. PM

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys. I just have a simple question. I'm used to training in the afternoon to night time (from 3pm to like 8pm). I work at a golf course and one of the requirements is that I supervise the range/cart kids who work there so I have to close. Lately I have been working an 11-7:30 shift so I go to the gym after work. I figured I should start going to the gym at 9am so I won't have to be at the gym so late. My questions are as follows:

-Are there any losses in strength being that by the time I hit the gym at night I have at least 4 meals in me?
-3 days of my 4 workout days will be in the morningish time. I heard test levels don't really "spike" until afternoon, should I worry about building muscle?
-You think I will find more hot chicks in the AM since the PM has been laggin in that department lately?

By 9 (I wake up at 7 just to give my body enough time to start digesting the food), I only have a meal and a shake in me. I hope that is enough. All advice/suggestions/help are very much appreciated. :tiphat:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I have the most energy earlier on the day. But that can be different for others though

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Suggestion: just work out whenever you prefer and don't worry about the other stuff.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with IS, train when you feel comfortable. I myself am not nearly as strong or motivated in the morning, and I train the around 7:30-8pm myself because I have four or five meals in me and am fully awake and ready to go. Since you do not have work until eleven sleeping in a bit is not a problem so I would stick with what you are doing now and save yourself the adjustment of waking up earlier and getting use to training early.
Hope whatever decision you make works out for you broskie.:tiphat:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also agree with IS. Trained mostly in the evenings back when I was working atm I'm training in the morning. At first I didnt like it at all but atm it feels great. Give me a fresh start of the day.

faiz

faiz

Agree with everyone,

Do with what fits your schedule.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like working out in the afternoon like Braaq said because I've gotten a few good hardy meals in me before my strenious workout to get my going. In the morning, I'm still drowsy and tired and I can't find myself to push the extra weight. Also, your body tends to have more testosterone in the afternoon so that also can help. But yeah, IronSlave is right, you should work out when ever you'd feel comfortable doing.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with IS as well. Test levels should not be a concern for you. Like Braaq, I just have trouble with energy first thing in the morning and I find I get a little better pump later in the day when I am well fed and full.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are positives and negatives to each, just train when you feel most comfortable.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I personally get a better workout in the afternoon
I never felt like I had the energy in the morning and even when I felt my strongest I wasn't as strong as I was in the afternoons

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I have been doing a little of both and I feel comfortable with either one. I'm leaning towards mornings as often as I can because I won't have to worry about rushing home to get ready for the gym. Thanks guys for your help.