• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

American Media, Inc. Receives Final Payment From Meredith Corporation

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry I have not been posting much bodybuilding news. I will be trying to keep the news up to date here like I used to!

Here is a press release I thought you would find interesting.

PRESS RELEASE
American Media, Inc. Receives Final Payment From Meredith Corporation For Sale Of Shape Resulting in A Final Valuation Of $79 Million

Published: Aug 17, 2018 12:45 p.m. ET

NEW YORK, Aug. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- American Media, Inc. (AMI), a leading publisher of celebrity journalism and health and fitness magazines, today announced that it has received a final payment of $19 million as part of its agreement to sell Shape to Meredith Corporation. This payment closes the three-year profit sharing agreement between the companies. AMI received an initial payment of $60 million in 2015. The total valuation of $79 million represents a seller's multiple of more than 13x Shape's earnings on a stand-alone basis at the time of the acquisition and a buyer's multiple of 8x on a contribution basis.

"This is an extraordinary statement on the value being created for our brands at AMI," said AMI Chairman and CEO David J. Pecker. "We look forward to further improving our financial structure as we remain committed to our growth strategy and continue to drive revenue and EBITDA through new products and strategic acquisitions."

The proceeds from the $19 million payment will be used by AMI to retire existing debt which reduces the company's first lien leverage to less than 2x EBITDA.

About American Media, Inc. American Media, Inc. (AMI) owns and operates the leading print and digital celebrity and active lifestyle media brands in the United States. AMI's titles include Us Weekly, Star, OK!, In Touch, Life & Style, Closer, Men's Journal, Muscle & Fitness, Mr. Olympia Contest, National Enquirer and other celebrity and teen titles. AMI also manages eleven different digital sites including Usmagazine.com, OKmagazine.com, RadarOnline.com, Intouchweekly.com, Lifeandstylemag.com, Closerweekly.com, MensJournal.com, MuscleandFitness.com and other digital and social properties. AMI's magazines have a combined total circulation of 5.7+ million and reach approximately 65 million men and women each month. AMI's digital properties reach approximately 68 million unique visitors monthly.

View original content: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-final-valuation-of-79-million-300698851.html