• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Anderson Silva DEF James Irvin

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UFC Fight Night 14’s main event offered little surprise as UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva successfully made his light-heavyweight debut with a quick first-round knockout of veteran fighter James Irvin.

The bout capped off Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 14 event at The Palms Las Vegas, which aired live on Spike TV.

The event, a late booking put together to counter Saturday’s debut event for Affliction Entertainment, concluded in predictable fashion as Silva, largely considered the world’s top pound-for-pound fighter, easily disposed of Irvin in just 61 seconds.

Silva, who’s stormed the UFC’s middleweight division since taking the title from Rich Franklin in 2006, struck early and often. He ultimately checked a body kick and popped Irvin with a straightright. The blow forced Irvin to the mat, and after a barrage of follow-up punches from Silva, the bout was halted.

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Vera fight bored me to tears. Can't wait for Silva to fight somebody worthy:methman:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was very happy to see the Sandman get destroyed by Silva, I lost all respect for the guy when he fell out of the cage and faked a knee injury to get out of his fight.

On a side note, and this may only be on Aussie TV's, but irvin vs silva was on PPV to order, yet it was on FUEL TV at the same time for free :e5dunno:

HammerZC

HammerZC

Silva is an awsome fighter, still a little behind Fedor when it comes to the P4P crown (IMO).

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like irvin I think he is a good fighter and what happened sucked. I would have liked to see more of a fight but what happened happened.