• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Another Tom Platz Video

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,262
Points
38
Well, what can I say?


(note the smile at :45 goes with the music, so awesome)

Yeah, this song's poppy and catchy but it ain't so different from what Tom Platz would be posing to. :)

It's weird because YouTube is deleting all his posing videos! There's only two left, the 1980 Olympia and the '82 I believe. And none of them have the song Ride Like the Wind:



Sucks man! That was his song. He used it on his last posing routine too when he retired at the 1986 Olympia, the lyrics kind of match as well. Blinding.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Yeh your absolutely right, 'ride like the wind' was Tom Platz's SONG. He fucking owned it. Guy knew every beat and his posing routines were at their best with that song. So cheesy like himself- The Golden Eagle! :coolguy:

:mad: thats bad that their taking those vids down. They was always great to watch! I loved Tom's character and presence whenever he was on stage.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
The first song is still good but ride like the wind would be perfect.
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Yeh your absolutely right, 'ride like the wind' was Tom Platz's SONG. He fucking owned it. Guy knew every beat and his posing routines were at their best with that song. So cheesy like himself- The Golden Eagle! :coolguy:

:mad: thats bad that their taking those vids down. They was always great to watch! I loved Tom's character and presence whenever he was on stage.

I agree with Arnie here, that song is great on the routine of Platz!
 
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,262
Points
38
I didn't want to create another Platz thread, haha... But! This one you guys will enjoy for sure man! This is some super rare footage of Tom Platz posing in Finland (1987). This is just GREAT! Look how big and thick he is man! Look at those quads! I don't think they ever looked this good in his posing routines before. They look bigger and sharper then usual. About 1:59 he ready to show off the crowd his quads, but he only flexes at 2:13! And he flashes them real quick. He always does this. Now that's style. ;)



Isn't that great or what?! :thumbsup2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
always good to watch platz Johnny !
thanks.
 

Similar threads

Top