• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Arachidonic Acid

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone heard anything about Arachidonic Acid? I have heard from some pretty reputable sources recently that this may be the new big thing for mass gains. Non hormonal but hormonal like gains that stay???? Discuss...

Last edited by a moderator:
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I did a cycle of X-factor back in 2007 and got good results...here was my review on it

-X-factor delivered on the DOMS
-great strength gains
-gained around 4-5lbs of seemingly lean muscle
-Body fat went down
-Causes some serious hunger
-Excellent pumps while working out...shoulders were the worst they would get so pumped it was hard to hold your arms up. But it was a good feeling
- Actually noticed I looked a lot more vascular too

I remember the pumps were insane and it made me super hungry for some reason...I may have to do another cycle of it this winter :D

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Awesome review bro! Yeah the stuff seems pretty legit and thats a lot of lean mass to pack on. How long were you on it for?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 bottles If i remember right is a 50 day cycle...its what they recommended

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IDS mass caps were on whey cheap yesterday for 19.99 a box. I should have picked some up! They have arachidonic acid.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shit where at?

I paid like 40-50 bucks a bottle for the x-factor

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wheycheap.com its sponsored by bodybuilding.com. They have one product a day for a crazy cheap deal. Today is T-bomb I think

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont know a lot about what it does, but its a omega 6 fatty acid, so i figure you get a lot eating meat :wutyousay:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You know I was kinda wondering that same thing Rage but i'm not sure you can get the kind of dose needed to cause the great increases in protein synthesis that the supplementation provides. But i'm not sure....

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can't eat fish while taking this because it will counter act it. Also I dunno your goals but don't expect any gains like Superdrol or Havoc will give you. I gained a few pounds on it but it also made me hungry as hell. Its worth a try as long as you get it for a good price.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya you don't get the dose that they say you require as a weight lifter from regular eating habits... Also they don't recommend the product for people that do not exercise "couch potatoes"

How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?

The optimal dosage may vary with each individual and their particular goals. Use typically ranges from 75mg-250mg per day for long-term supplementation and anabolic support, to as much as 500mg-1000mg per day for a more rapid anabolic effect. During use some people notice increased muscle soreness, sore joints, headaches, or insomnia. Most users do not notice any significant side effects.

Who needs it?

Regular exercise can reduce arachidonic acid levels (16,17) and the production of anabolic prostaglandins (18), supporting the need for AA supplementation during intense weight training or athletic performance. Arachidonic acid is most commonly used by weight-training individuals, bodybuilders, and athletes in sports where enhanced anaerobic (short, rapid burst) performance is required. Reduced arachidonic acid levels are associated with "training stagnation", or a declining ability to stimulate muscle growth, strength gains, and delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) following exercise.

Who Shouldn't Take Arachidonic Acid?

Sedentary (inactive) individuals should not supplement with AA unless a dietary need has been identified, as deficiency in this group is not common. AA is an "as needed" pro-inflammatory by the body, so individuals with an injury may find that supplementation increases localized pain or soreness. AA supplementation is also not recommended during pregnancy, or by individuals with a history of diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, heart disease, stroke, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, cancer, prostate enlargement, or any inflammatory disease. As with most dietary supplements, you should seek a physician's approval before use if you are taking any medication(s), or suffer from any disease.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can't eat fish while taking this because it will counter act it. Also I dunno your goals but don't expect any gains like Superdrol or Havoc will give you. I gained a few pounds on it but it also made me hungry as hell. Its worth a try as long as you get it for a good price.

Exactly....made me hungry as hell. Thinking it might be a good product to take again for this bulk, get my appetite rolling again.