• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Back Width/ Quad Sweep

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking for tips and advice on bringing up overall back width and quad sweep. I've been doing my back thickness and width movement together. Was thinking i might start doing them on seperate days...also for legs i started doing my hacks with a narrow stance as i've been told its great for bringing out sweep. But ya any advice is appreciated...check my log for recent workouts.

http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/x-factor-log-8059p63.html

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I do close stance squats with my toes pointing out...as deep and slow as you can.
Then I do half squats, same thing with the stance and toes.

For back thickness I do deadlift and hyperextensions and rows

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Quad sweep is primarily determined by genetics and the quads insertion point on the knee, just going as deep as you can and using proper form on squats, leg press, hack squats, etc

Back Width: Imo Chin/pull ups are the best way to go

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thx Dan...not looking for thickness though im good there :D need to add width!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chins are king you say philosopher...just a wide grip? or should i vary the grips

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chins are king you say philosopher...just a wide grip? or should i vary the grips

Just vary your grip from wide facing the back of your hand (Chin ups) and shoulder width grip facind the palms of you hands (Pull ups)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wide grip chins with strict concentration on eccentric movement. Dont get too caught up in different leg exercises and pointing toes different ways. Just stick to heavy ass deep squats and throw in some hack or leg press here and there. Make sure stance isnt "powerlifting wide" when you do these presses. I wouldnt seperate width and thickness. We all have lagging body parts genetically and overtraining them wont help. Just stay consistent and do what is proven to work and, with time, they will grow.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like the others said below, both are mostly determined by genetics. You cannot change your muscle insertion or how wide your clavicles are. But obviously you can make the most from you have.
Wide grip chins/pullups should help with width, also bent over BB rows with an overhand grip.
For outer quad sweep I would suggest the same as below, do your squats just not really wide (I would say no wider than shoulder width) and throw in some hack squats and leg presses but with your feet closer together. Good luck :2:

Zomb131

Zomb131

wide back...i find wide military pullups to failure work..5 sets
same with heavy heavy DB rows & reverse grip BB rows.

Quad sweep...for me i do regular squats and it gets the sweep for me...but other have said close stance on a hack squat machine works well...or a press machine.