• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Battle on the Bay fitness competitions

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Locals gearing up for Battle on the Bay fitness competitions
Posted: Jul 03, 2017 12:06 AM EST
Updated: Jul 03, 2017 12:06 AM EST
By Dr. Brad Hoffman

CORPUS CHRISTI -

The Battle on the Bay Fitness Expo is the premier fitness expo, and it's right here in Corpus Christi.

Its an annual event that takes place on Saturday, July, 8.

The event takes place at the American Bank Center, which is transformed into several different types of athletic competition.

One of the highlites of the event is the national qualifying bodybuilding competition sanctioned by the National Physique Committee, or the NPC.

The competition is hosted by Trinity Competitions.

Many local athletes are training for the event right now.

Including Caleb Schmitgen, who is 17 years old.

Schmitgen says he became interested in body building by watching you tube videos, "I was into fitness a lot and then I watched a bunch of fitness you tubers; and i was like I can compete like that so that's basically what I did.

Another local competitor is Sarani Cantu, who is married and a mother of five.

"My husband competed the year before last and it just kind of set a fire in me when I watched the girls compete, this is something that I wanted top do," said Cantu.

That was the inspiration, but the road hasn't been easy.

"It's pretty tough, I had a lot of weight on me after having two babies back to back. It was very emotional ride for me," said Cantu.

Win or lose, needless to say, getting in this kind of shape is a commitment that requires discipline and desire.

Not to mention stepping out of your comfort zone when you get on stage.

It's something both competitors know they will have to do and have great attitudes going into the competition.

"Just to have fun don't take it super seriously, but take it seriously enough to when I actually step on stage I actually can win," said Schmitgen.

"Go for it! If you really have a fire to do it. For me it's scary and that's why I'm doing it. Stage fright, really stepping out of my bubble," said Cantu.

Source:http://www.kristv.com/story/35799828/locals-gearing-up-for-battle-on-the-bay-fitness-competitions