• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Beginner

lando

lando

Hey Guys
My name is Lando .
I just turn 45 .and iam over weight iam at 225 .I stared running and weight lifting .I changed my eating diet.
I never lifted weight .but now I want to build muscle and look better at 45. I need help/advice, on what supplements, I can take to grow .iam already taking BCAA-Glucatimite -multivitan. I take BCAA in the morning and the multivitan at noon and Glucatimite after my workout .I see that iam not growing that much .I think that iam taking these supplements wrong .need help don't want to throw the towel.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Re: Biginner

Welcome to musclemecca Lando!

How is your diet looking (if you can break it down in calories, protein, carbs, fats) and how much running are you doing?

lando

lando

Hi tkD
I don't count my calories
And I run about 3 miles every day and workout everyday and off on weekends .and thank you very much for help.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Hey Lando, I am interested also in running and once it gets warmer here I plan on starting some trail running. We have a mountain near here I want to work my way up to being able to run up the entire thing. I figure if I do that daily along with a decent lifting plan I should be good in no time but I also need to work on the diet more.

If you really want to learn about this stuff TKD is the man. He is like Diet God!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Hi tkD
I don't count my calories
And I run about 3 miles every day and workout everyday and off on weekends .and thank you very much for help.

If you don't count your calories I assume you want to put on some mass right? I would count them even in off season though. Anyways, if you want to grow at a faster rate, I'd say you're doing way too much cardio since you're running daily. If you really love to do it, then do just a few days per week, or you could run on your off days (when you're not training in the gym).

As for the supplements, you can take your BCAA's before and after your workout, with a post workout shake if you want after the workout as well (it's optional though). Other than that food is king, and some multivitamins could help as well.

lando

lando

Ok thank you buddy
Iam not taking a shake after my workout.iam taking Glucatimite
Do you think I should take a shake

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Ok thank you buddy
Iam not taking a shake after my workout.iam taking Glucatimite
Do you think I should take a shake

It's not really necessary. I prefer to eat a meal honestly. Something with carbs and protein, and I feel much better than just a shake.

lando

lando

Thank you

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
No problem man. I hope my reply will help you achieve what you want to achieve. :)