• Welcome to MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums

Do you love bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in Bodybuilding, Fitness or building muscle? If so check out and join our bodybuilding forum! Musclemecca bodybuilding forums is one of the oldest and most popular bodybuilding, fitness forums! Some members of Musclemecca include Phil Heath, Ronnie Coleman, William Bonac and More! We have over a million bodybuilding videos, pictures and articles and many helpful bodybuilding enthusiasts to answer questions and give you advice on building muscle! See You In the bodybuilding forums!

• musclemecca does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding products. Do not sell any bodybuilding products through musclemecca bodybuilding forums.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
Steroidify

Bench Press Grip

Daniel Dormer

What grip do you use. I used to just get down and lift but I have recently revamped my form and I am now using the bulldog grip which has made things way more easier. What grip do you use?

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
VIP
Sponsor
I prefer lining up my hands with my shoulders and do close grip after for tris on chest day but every 4th week i go thumbs to shoulders to work the outer pecs

Daniel Dormer

What is the bulldog grip?
I almost lost my hand earlier this year due to an unrelated incident. Since then I have been having problems with.. basically anything that requres the use of my right hand.A fellow gym member decided to teach me how to utilize my strength better by teaching me the grip. It was a bit annoying at first but you get used to it. There is a good website that explains it, I can't post direct links but you can find it on Stronglifts if you Google it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jolter604

VIP
Sponsor
b611a19eee31c4d2c93c3037a1b68d65-1.jpg
i found this pic showing were to hold it

rz3300

Banned
I have never heard of the bulldog grip, but it sounds like it is working for you. I guess I am somewhat fortunate having not had to alter my standard grip for any injury or anything like that.

jolter604

VIP
Sponsor
I have never heard of the bulldog grip, but it sounds like it is working for you. I guess I am somewhat fortunate having not had to alter my standard grip for any injury or anything like that.
It's like when I do French curls or skull crushers when I burn out close grip bench I fold in my thumb feels better