• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Bench proper form and technique

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
642
Points
16
Watching this video about proper technique was and eye opener for me. I read a lot of articles but i sure which there were more bodybuilding videos that just focus on proper technique and form for those mass building workouts like this one.


Thanks for the great site El Freako.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Have to agree. It is a great little video. Saw it awhile back and tried a few things out. Definitely more solid on the bench using his tips (no extra weight though).
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
MAybe you dont know how to fucking bench haha. Gotto love dave. Great vid! Already saw it a few days back
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
The best part I took from this video was:

"You are not pulling the bench away from you, you are pushing yourself away from it"

I think that will literally help me a lot :D
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
^ he more said that you are not pushing the bar away from you, you push yourself into the bench... :D
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
^ he more said that you are not pushing the bar away from you, you push yourself into the bench... :D

By pushing yourself away from the bar, you are pushing yourself into the bench.
 
J

Jantsu1

New member
Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
1
Points
1
Dave Tate's text and videos are allways pleasure to read and watch. No BS, just action.
 
madakira

madakira

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
82
Points
6
I have been practicing this technique for a few weeks now. I went from 275 lbs to 335lbs in about two weeks. I am only 179lbs right now. This is a great vid, and it has helped me a lot. Now I practice my form with 225lbs-265lbs about 3 times a week just to get it right. I want to get to 355 in about two months.
 

Similar threads

Mind Pump TV
Replies
0
Views
39
Mind Pump TV
Mind Pump TV
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
103
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Mind Pump TV
Replies
0
Views
112
Mind Pump TV
Mind Pump TV
Top