• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Best Movie Weapons

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
Did I watch that? Who are you talking to? I've seen it like 5x before this and even posted on this site before. It's called context. The old Batman series and resulting film were nothing but B-fluff as a whole; campy humor and whatnot run amuck but self-aware at the same time. It's terribly done and mostly unintentionally humorous but holding it up the standards of Nolan's adaptation is silly when you consider the era's and what birthed each vision.


whoa whoa calm down. me having never seen this series is what made my reaction so taken aback at how unbelievabley shitty it was. i think tim was making a joke when i mentioned batman as he probably knew i was referring to the nolan series and posted that. i don't have to compare this to anything, let alone the nolan series, to call it absolute garbage.


did you like drop a piano on your toe at work today or something?
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
to call it absolute garbage.

Hey! Adam West was the best Batman ever!
adam20west20and20burt20wardbatman20and20-1.jpg



...and the fattest, gayest and most paedophilic
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Duality said:
whoa whoa calm down. me having never seen this series is what made my reaction so taken aback at how unbelievabley shitty it was. i think tim was making a joke when i mentioned batman as he probably knew i was referring to the nolan series and posted that. i don't have to compare this to anything, let alone the nolan series, to call it absolute garbage.


did you like drop a piano on your toe at work today or something?
You are young if you have never seen the old Batman series.

It was part of the reason for Batman's popularity.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Are we both on a double-post bonanza here Tim?
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
You are young if you have never seen the old Batman series.

It was part of the reason for Batman's popularity.


i'm 20 so i guess that's true. i'm sure it has something to do with batman's popularity, but that has nothing to do with the quality of it. even if i had never heard of batman i still would have considered the nolan batman series some of my favorite films ever.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Oh I agree. I always hated comic book movies because they always screwed up the narative, characters, scenes, etc.

Hence why it is so funny.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
What about Ron jeremy's shotgun?.....:io:
 
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
whoa whoa calm down. me having never seen this series is what made my reaction so taken aback at how unbelievabley shitty it was. i think tim was making a joke when i mentioned batman as he probably knew i was referring to the nolan series and posted that. i don't have to compare this to anything, let alone the nolan series, to call it absolute garbage.


did you like drop a piano on your toe at work today or something?
I was clearly joking with the opening part of my post and I don't move furniture anymore. :dunnodude:

Damn youngins and their lack of culture.
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
I was clearly joking with the opening part of my post and I don't move furniture anymore. :dunnodude:

Damn youngins and their lack of culture.


lol. i think you have what, like 3 years on me? if that?

and what do you do now? i'm guessing either movie theater ticket guy, or starbucks barista
 
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
lol. i think you have what, like 3 years on me? if that?

and what do you do now? i'm guessing either movie theater ticket guy, or starbucks barista
Or a full time student?
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
oh yeah, how much does that pay? :wutyousay:



loans ftw i'm guessing
Of course. I've taken time off from school but I'm going back now to finish my Kinesiology degree and then will likely return to obtain my masters and teaching certificate at the same time in a two year program a friend of mine is doing. I'll pay it all back...eventually.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Of course. I've taken time off from school but I'm going back now to finish my Kinesiology degree and then will likely return to obtain my masters and teaching certificate at the same time in a two year program a friend of mine is doing. I'll pay it all back...eventually.

Line a teacher? :uhoh2:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Line a teacher? :uhoh2:

Well our Genetics professor used to bring a carton of beer for us all to drink at Friday afternoon lab classes.

I could see Line being the cool teacher.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Well our Genetics professor used to bring a carton of beer for us all to drink at Friday afternoon lab classes.

I could see Line being the cool teacher.

Beer and bitches... I could probably get used to that hehe
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Line... come teach kinesiology at my uni :D
 
WillTheThrill

WillTheThrill

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
92
Points
6
continuim transfuntioner from dude wheres my car
 
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
3,327
Points
38
best movie weapon is the noisey cricket from men in black.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
continuim transfuntioner from dude wheres my car
Armagedon devices aren't really the same thing as what this list was referring to. But it was cool that it was hidden in a rubiks cube.
theweapon said:
best movie weapon is the noisey cricket from men in black.
That weapon was nothing more than an ironic juxtaposition played for comedic effect. There are plenty of other weapons that fall into that category in films (Mad Max's shotgun with no bullets comes to mind).
 
Top