• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Bicep Tear - OUCH!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
555youngbiceptearxl2 1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MarkoKoo

MarkoKoo

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
605
Points
18
That is nasty looking tear!:xmasohnoes:
 
Bhana

Bhana

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
444
Points
16
Shoot, thats gotta hurt
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
That pic is from the eighties?
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Damn! that looks painful!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
I've seen this happen once while spotting someone on a preacher curl... the sound is just like ripping a sheet of cloth apart.

I'm going to save this pic and post it every time someone does hook grip on deadlifts while doing a workout. The bicep isn't meant to handle that much load, and you're only asking for injury.
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
^^ werd. That's why you don't go alternate grip on heavy deadlifts
 
CombBoy

CombBoy

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
445
Points
18
Ouch! Fuck that. Poor bastard.
 
Kanav

Kanav

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
469
Points
18
holy shit, an alternate grip will do that?!

*stopping now*
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Fuck that would hurt. I still like alternate grip though :spy:
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
Oouch...... *knocks on wood*
the pain would b unbelievable painful, i thank myself for not doing alternated deads :keke: or torn a muscle
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
holy shit, an alternate grip will do that?!

*stopping now*

It puts you at much, much higher risk. Take a look, I just searched "bicep tear deadlift" on youtube, and there are the hits.



In my opinion, it's not worth it. Yes, you can use more weight on the alternate/hook grip, but the risk of tearing a bicep makes it totally not worth it, at all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MarkoKoo

MarkoKoo

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
605
Points
18
That last one you could actually see when the tendon/muscle snap.:ughnoes:
 
Kanav

Kanav

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
469
Points
18
It puts you at much, much higher risk. Take a look, I just searched "bicep tear deadlift" on youtube, and there are the hits.

In my opinion, it's not worth it. Yes, you can use more weight on the alternate/hook grip, but the risk of tearing a bicep makes it totally not worth it, at all.

thanks for the info, and the graphic vids :ugh:

stopping now for sure
 

Similar threads

AlphaLifter
Replies
2
Views
197
BrofessorLift
BrofessorLift
SweatLovin
Replies
4
Views
177
crunchtime247
crunchtime247
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
100
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top