• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bicep workouts?

shajam

shajam

I suggest you to try Reverse grip curls with bar or cable.. Hold a barbell or the straight attachment on a cable machine, with your palms facing down and your hands a little less than shoulder-width apart, and curl. Do 8 to 12 reps.

W

wulfman

I usually just do curls with two dumb bells or with an olympic bar. If you use a bar you use more muscles and ligaments to keep the bar balanced and gripped firmly as you lift to exhaustion.

Last edited:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Easy, if you want to get bigger increase the weight. Try power sets.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I usually just do curls with two dumb bells or with an Olympic bar. If you use a bar you use more muscles and ligaments to keep the bar balanced and gripped firmly as you lift to exhaustion.

I do 4 to 6 sets of dumbells while sitting on inclined bench. 3 sets with arms our and 3 with arms in and then 6 reps with curl bar.

The only problem with the curl bar is that is very tough to keep balance. With the dumbbells it is more focused and targeting I believe. Also, you do not need too much weight if doing them with the dumbbells on an inclined bench. try it.

W

wulfman

My favorite workout day is when I center my lifts on the biceps, triceps and forearms. Because I am enthusiastic about it (as opposed to squats or leg curls) I really go all out. There are so many different work out routines for the arms and wrists that you can always mix it up. Feels good to have that soreness the next day. You know you went all out.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My favorite workout day is when I center my lifts on the biceps, triceps and forearms. Because I am enthusiastic about it (as opposed to squats or leg curls) I really go all out. There are so many different work out routines for the arms and wrists that you can always mix it up. Feels good to have that soreness the next day. You know you went all out.
Curling is my favorite.

G

GOTGrowth

Sculpt the bicep with concentration curls. Find a weight that you can burn the muscle out at by doing 50-100 of them.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Changing and doing different exercises with the biceps is not always the biggest problem- you really have to hit the biceps in different ways. You need to mix up the force angles(hitting the bicep in different ways), which really makes the biceps grow.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was into sports in my younger years the bicep was also my concern because I was a skinny lad but with good biceps I would be okay. Since push up was my main line in the workout what was developed were my triceps. I had to buy a dumbbell to complement the workout on my arms. I think my dumbbell was 12 pounds.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Changing and doing different exercises with the biceps is not always the biggest problem- you really have to hit the biceps in different ways. You need to mix up the force angles(hitting the bicep in different ways), which really makes the biceps grow.

Exactly! From my experience with drilling up one's biceps muscles, you are definitely going to be needing to get used to working out with dumbells. They are the perfect gym tools for training biceps muscles.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff