• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Bigger Lats

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
changing to hit is awesome for any exsisting injuries. I would recommend taking an injury prone shoulder or knee or even lower back to failure on every set of every exercise. great work mate.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Spoiler without the button:

HIT :bitenails:
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
^ LOL, shouldnt you be squatting too?!

Anyway, listen cereal. I was a follower of the mentzer crew and protected it with useless arguments like you have been doing but it really isn't the most productive way to train, FACT.

Although i did make good gains on it, i would have made better progress on a a programme with more volume. Not just that, but i was literally training to failure all the time! And that wasn't good for my cns. I was getting ill very frequently. I did however like training to failure like this, dunno why just did, but what i wanted is a programme that is going to give me the very best results possible and it's fair to say that it isn't the HIT way. So if you want to carry on training your way if you enjoy it, just understand that HIT is flawed and soon (hopefully) you will realise and leave it behind for good.

this. I can say the same thing, I too experience HIT and made some gains from it but there are way better training programs.
once again I talk of progression, and progression is easily achieved by ( I believe),adaptation wich is easily achieved with repeated effort. and for that there's better programs than HIT.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
changing to hit is awesome for any exsisting injuries. I would recommend taking an injury prone shoulder or knee or even lower back to failure on every set of every exercise. great work mate.

:bowroflarms:

Pickle for Prez!!!!

Also I like how I'm now a multinational conspiracy agent for posting science. I too was an HIT devotee, until I started to read real science and realised it sucked.
 
cereal

cereal

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
342
Points
18
changing to hit is awesome for any exsisting injuries. I would recommend taking an injury prone shoulder or knee or even lower back to failure on every set of every exercise. great work mate.

bullshit, get more info (not from BB magazines)

tIM290280 said:
Also I like how I'm now a multinational conspiracy agent for posting science. I too was an HIT devotee, until I started to read real science and realised it sucked.

You get your "science" from BB magazines? It's more like science fiction

Natzo said:
this. I can say the same thing, I too experience HIT and made some gains from it but there are way better training programs.
once again I talk of progression, and progression is easily achieved by ( I believe),adaptation wich is easily achieved with repeated effort. and for that there's better programs than HIT.
Better? Oh man you are fucked up..

Pickle said:
changing to hit is awesome for any exsisting injuries. I would recommend taking an injury prone shoulder or knee or even lower back to failure on every set of every exercise. great work mate.
And where your knowledge and science-fiction is from?
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
I can smell meltdown
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
I eat cereals for breakfast punk.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
This could be better than Max's log!
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
But not better than Fahad's threads! lolol
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
one thing is that it works for you..

another is making HIT the holy grail of BB..
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Mentzer is Jesus and the easter bunny!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
^I wonder if santa claus wears the same red undies as maxmonster
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
No way in hell this is better then FAHAD's thread, that guy is my hero and a national treasure of canada lol
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
You get your "science" from BB magazines? It's more like science fiction
Actually the science I cited was from the Journal of Strength and Conditioning. This is one of the main exercise science journals. You are the one citing BBing magazines.

And where your knowledge and science-fiction is from?
Explain to me how training to failure (i.e. training HIT) is going to be any good for an injury. An injury is more susceptible stress. HIT works on stress overload from singular sets. This is not good for any injuries.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Pull overs are what got Sergio Oliva his giant back. Thats all he ever did. One set of pull overs.

nautilus_pullover.gif
 

Similar threads

Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
565
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
57
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Mind Pump TV
Replies
1
Views
73
jasonm_87
jasonm_87
Labrada Nutrition
Replies
0
Views
67
Labrada Nutrition
Labrada Nutrition
Top