• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Body fat decreased but no muscle increase

N

NicholasM1208

Hi all! I have been workout out consistently since June 19th. As of December 19th, I went from 168 to 154, 25% body fat to 20%, benching 95 pounds to 155 pounds (have not tested max bench recently), squatting bar to squatting 165. I workout five days a week for an hour each day in the morning. I have only lost .7 pounds of muscle, a significant amount of fat. My goal is 15% by summer and then 10% by November. I eat 1700 calories a day. (I try to but sometimes it might go over). Continuing this, can I expect any gain in muscle while losing fat? My ultimate goal is to start bodybuilding as soon as I reach 10%. I’ve attached photos
IMG 0922

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpeg
    IMG_0923.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: ArnoldS and BigHulk
Aea.ltd

Aea.ltd

Aea.ltd aims to be the most trusted CDMO of API !
Staff member
Sponsor
  1. Dietary Factors:
    • Caloric Deficit: If you're consuming fewer calories than your body needs, you will lose weight, but this may not necessarily translate to muscle gain. Building muscle typically requires a caloric surplus or at least maintenance calories.
    • Protein Intake: Muscle growth is influenced by protein consumption. If your protein intake is insufficient, your body may struggle to build and repair muscle tissue.
  2. Exercise Routine:
    • Intensity and Volume: The intensity and volume of your workouts also play a role. If your resistance training isn't challenging enough, your muscles may not be stimulated to grow.

Reactions: NicholasM1208, ArnoldS and Push50
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It would like you are running a major caloric deficit. If this is the case, then gaining muscle will be near impossible. It is helpful to know where your BMR and RDI are at in order to assess your dietary intake. Can you post the following demographics!

Current weight
Type of job- desk, construction so forth.
Let’s see if we can get you on the right track.

Set a goal
Make a plan
Stick to the plan
Reach the goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NicholasM1208 and ArnoldS
N

NicholasM1208

It would like you are running a major caloric deficit. If this is the case, then gaining muscle will be near impossible. It is helpful to know where your BMR and RDI are at in order to assess your dietary intake. Can you post the following demographics!

Current weight

Set a goal
Make a plan
Stick to the plan
Reach the goal

My age is 23
5’9”
154 lbs
Construction (light work, lot of walking)

My goal is 15% BF first, then 10%.
Thank you

N

NicholasM1208

Current weight

Set a goal
Make a plan
Stick to the plan
Reach the goal

Also to add, as soon as I get to 10% I would like to really work on muscles. I don’t wanna look thin.

Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66

Gaining muscle as a natty takes years. many dont get it... Especially while staying lean.
I gained 30 lbs in 30 yrs (175 to 205) while keep the same composition. Many give up.
I was never "too" concerned with the scale. Yes, we all wanted to get bigger, to look like the Pro's, but it aint happening natty.
I trained 38 yrs natty and jumped on TRT when I turned 50 (7 yrs ago). It does not agree w/ me these days (prostate/anxious) so back to natty I go.
I was only on 125 mg a week, so no weight or size was lost. Using SERM (enclomiphine) for a jump-start now, feeling good on it actually...

Most are not patient these days (social media stress and the like). I just always loved the training, and still do, and even moreso as I age (appreciation)..
Stay patient, embrace the training and lifestyle...

Reactions: Push50 and NicholasM1208
N

NicholasM1208

Gaining muscle as a natty takes years. many dont get it... Especially while staying lean.
I gained 30 lbs in 30 yrs (175 to 205) while keep the same composition. Many give up.
I was never "too" concerned with the scale. Yes, we all wanted to get bigger, to look like the Pro's, but it aint happening natty.
I trained 38 yrs natty and jumped on TRT when I turned 50 (7 yrs ago). It does not agree w/ me these days (prostate/anxious) so back to natty I go.
I was only on 125 mg a week, so no weight or size was lost. Using SERM (enclomiphine) for a jump-start now, feeling good on it actually...

Most are not patient these days (social media stress and the like). I just always loved the training, and still do, and even moreso as I age (appreciation)..
Stay patient, embrace the training and lifestyle...
I definitely wanna stay natty, at least for the foreseeable future. I’m only 23, and, without really know, I don’t feel like i have low testosterone. In high school I was really thin. I weighed 135. Had barely any muscle and fat. I always hated my body though because in shirtless pictures (like at the pool and stuff) I had wide bony shoulders and a thin waist. I looked malnourished in a weird way given my skinny counterparts usually had abs and proportional shoulders. I looked like someone shoved an upside down clothes hanger in me (sorry for the weird description that’s just the best way I could describe myself then.) the. College came and I gained so much in a bad way. I’m looking forward to reconfiguring my body in a good way.

Reactions: Push50
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I definitely wanna stay natty, at least for the foreseeable future. I’m only 23, and, without really know, I don’t feel like i have low testosterone. In high school I was really thin. I weighed 135. Had barely any muscle and fat. I always hated my body though because in shirtless pictures (like at the pool and stuff) I had wide bony shoulders and a thin waist. I looked malnourished in a weird way given my skinny counterparts usually had abs and proportional shoulders. I looked like someone shoved an upside down clothes hanger in me (sorry for the weird description that’s just the best way I could describe myself then.) the. College came and I gained so much in a bad way. I’m looking forward to reconfiguring my body in a good way.

Great choice!

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Reactions: NicholasM1208