• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Body Types

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
456
Points
38
I think I am an Ectomorph...with mesomorph characteristics. :yardsalebroly:

DA beat me to it, but oh well.....

Ectomorph: Someone with a lean, only slightly muscular body; : Theoretical body type in which a person has a high metabolism. Such a person can easily maintain a low fat physique, but does not add muscle or body weight easily

Mesomorph: A person with pronounced muscular development and low body fat; : Theoretical body type in which a person naturally has lower body fat and greater ability to achieve muscular development than average.

Endomorph: A person of the endomorphic physical type characterised by big bones, round face, large trunk and thighs and a naturally high degree of body fat, especially around the midsection. ...

This link is interesting and helpful: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Banshee
 
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
2,903
Points
38
Your bodytype is either mesomorph, ectomorph or endomorph.

Mesomorph = gains musclemass fast
ectomorph = Hardgainer
Endomorph = Big frame, gains weight fast

I think I am an Ectomorph...with mesomorph characteristics.

DA beat me to it, but oh well.....

Ectomorph: Someone with a lean, only slightly muscular body; : Theoretical body type in which a person has a high metabolism. Such a person can easily maintain a low fat physique, but does not add muscle or body weight easily

Mesomorph: A person with pronounced muscular development and low body fat; : Theoretical body type in which a person naturally has lower body fat and greater ability to achieve muscular development than average.

Endomorph: A person of the endomorphic physical type characterised by big bones, round face, large trunk and thighs and a naturally high degree of body fat, especially around the midsection. ...

This link is interesting and helpful: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Banshee

thanks for the info.

i would have to say im endo-meso. more of meso but can put on fat quiet easily.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Hate to burst anyones bubble but; if you understand where and how these definitions are applied you would understand that you can't actually classify yourself.

First of all these were originally physocological classifications not pysiological. They have since been adapted to anthropogenic studies in the clinical setting. But in order to do so there are a huge number of measures and indicators that have to be accounted for. And get this, it varies with size. So over time you can change your classification!! Not really a sound basis for classifying yourself.

So there is no way that you could classify yourself, nor should you worry about the classifications. What you should look at is training smart, hard and eating well.

/thread
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
^^ Exactly, haven't we gone over this in another thread not very long ago?
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Damn Tim and his bubble bursting ways. :angrydude:
 
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
Tim just stole my thunder :tear:
 
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
5,885
Points
38
I was basing my answer on what I'd naturally be without ever touching a weight in my life.

Now? Well, I can lose weight easier than gaining, but I can gain weight whenever I like as well, but I can never gain weight without trying. This would still be the ecto characteristic coming out as I still have quite a high metabolism.

I add neither fat or muscle quickly, although muscle comes quicker than fat (my gains make this point rather evident as I've put on 60lbs in a year and not even 5% in that time) Meso trait.

My bodyfat doesn't stay in singles, but if I get lean I will stay lean unless I try to gain weight on purpose, again, an eco characteristic.

If I get up around 15-16% my body always seems to stand still weight weight gain and over time I'll naturally come back down, ecto again.

Now, I'm an ecto/meso mix.
 
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
3,327
Points
38
im meso im guessing. and people have told me before.
 
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
5,621
Points
38
Hate to burst anyones bubble but; if you understand where and how these definitions are applied you would understand that you can't actually classify yourself.

First of all these were originally physocological classifications not pysiological. They have since been adapted to anthropogenic studies in the clinical setting. But in order to do so there are a huge number of measures and indicators that have to be accounted for. And get this, it varies with size. So over time you can change your classification!! Not really a sound basis for classifying yourself.

So there is no way that you could classify yourself, nor should you worry about the classifications. What you should look at is training smart, hard and eating well.

/thread
well said bro :xyxthumbs:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Top