• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilder, Danny Baldwinson jailed for stalking

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Danny Baldwinson, a bodybuilder, hounded his ex-girlfriend with messages and showed up at her house during a stalking campaign. The 32-year-old had been in a 'tempestuous relationship' with his victim for a year after meeting in the gym.

Baldwinson continued to text, call, and contact her via social media after they split up, according to the North Staffordshire Justice Centre. And he came up at her house several times.

On one occasion, when he arrived at 8 a.m., his victim was still in bed. She requested that he go, but he refused. She summoned her mother, and they both told him to leave. The police were called, but he had already left when they arrived.

According to the court, the harassment left his ex feeling anxious, depressed, and nervous. Baldwinson has now been sentenced to 100 days in prison.

Baldwinson and his victim ended their relationship in December 2021, according to prosecutor Emma Thompson. Miss Thompson said: "The victim states that this defendant threatened her. He did, however, continue to text, call, and message her on social media.

Danny Baldwinson Jailed

"She changed all her social media addresses. He showed up at her place on several occasions."

He hammered on her bedroom window on August 8 and refused to leave. Miss Thompson stated, " "She called her mother upstairs and informed her that the defendant was present. The mother rushed downstairs and ordered him to leave. 'No, I need to talk to her,' he said.

"They both told him he needed to leave. The victim contacted the authorities. She was under a lot of pressure."

In a victim statement the woman said: "I have not given him consent to turn up at my house. He messaged me on Instagram using various accounts.

"I was sleeping on August 8th, just before 8 a.m., when I heard a voice at the back entrance of the flat. He inquired as to whether I was seeing someone else. I summoned my mother from upstairs. I opened the window and said I was going to call the cops. He stated that he didn't mind.

"I called the cops. My mother asked him to leave. When the cops arrived, he had already departed."

The victim described herself as anxious, depressed, and nervous. She also stated that she and her mother feel insecure in their house and have requested a restraining order to keep Baldwinson from contacting them.

After a trial at Bexley Magistrates' Court, Baldwinson, of Clayton Road, Newcastle, was convicted of stalking between July 1 and August 8, 2022. It put him in violation of a suspended sentence he received in March of last year for violating a non-molestation order.

Baldwinson met his victim at the gym, according to Mark Jones, who is representing him. He said: "They were both bodybuilders at the time. It was a stormy relationship. The relationship broke down. He does appear to be troubled by the end of relationships."

Mr Jones claimed there are no concerns now Baldwinson has moved to North Staffordshire. He's settled in and hopes to advance through the bodybuilding weight classes.

Baldwinson was sentenced to 100 days in prison, 40 days for violating the suspended sentence order and 60 days consecutive for harassing.

He was served with a two-year restraining order barring him from contacting his victim or her mother. He was also forced to pay a £154 fee.