• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding Can Be Fatal

C

cpap

I'm not going to say this is what happens when bodybuilding is taken to the extremes. Because a lot of bodybuilders do take this sport to the extremes. But this is what happens when a person does not listen to their body, or instincts, and pushes themselves into a position that is irreversible. For all the competitors in this forum, do not be ignorant. Life should go on after competing. Very sad...

This is an excerpt from the new bodybuilding documentary Raising the Bar 2. At the 2006 Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh PA, long time bodybuilder Anthony D'Arezzo succumbed to a heart condition on the day of the competition. This is the announcement to the other competitors as it happened. What follows is a short tribute by his friend Dave Palumbo

Last edited by a moderator:
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
picture of healthy...ripped, dry, 265, huge lol. But for real, I never wish this upon anyone. Very sad story for him and his family.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he had a cardiomyopathy, and he still wanted to get ripped.. oh well

its like when you smell gas and light a match, you can expect bad things to come..

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deathmaggot, is that all you have to say about this video, not, "R.I.P" or anything like that? You just want to scold him and laugh at him for dieing because he should of done something about his heart? Yeah, you should of done something but you didn't really have to say that, it's a little too late now. But anyways, this is a sad video, may god be with him and rest in peace.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deathmaggot, is that all you have to say about this video, not, "R.I.P" or anything like that? You just want to scold him and laugh at him for dieing because he should of done something about his heart? Yeah, you should of done something but you didn't really have to say that, it's a little too late now. But anyways, this is a sad video, may god be with him and rest in peace.

It really is his fault though. You just don't do a bodybuilding contest with a bad heart condition...if you play with the snake, expect to be bitten eventually.

It is sad, though. The thing you love the most kills you...depressing.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, Arcane's right. I shouldn't of responded as soon as I watch it; filled with all that emotion and crap. His heart was a waiting time bomb, and it just so happened to go off at that time.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

the RIP part is obvious dude, he was a bbder who died doing what he loved, but there is no need to be a demagogue, i didnt laugh nor said anything wrong, but you cant say he was healthy with ~4% bodyfat a miocardiopathy, and without water or whatever nutrients the body needs, and also say that nobody expected that tragedy..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's quite sad to see this happen to anyone yet a man who had such a passion for the sport, but as some of us know, this sport can be very deadly, but the man had big time warning signs and refused to listen to them, it almost seemed that he felt like he had to go out this way..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i still find it quite funny how he said " I love bodybuilding and I love you" placing bodybuilding in first place.. i always preach this, no matter how much you love this sport it should never be first place, bodybuilding is very temporary!!! if you hear some of the stories behind the lives of these guys.. 90% of these guys are not TRULY happy with their lives.. balance is the key to living in my view.

C

cpap

absolutely true serbmarko.. "balance" is the key