• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding In Todays Economy

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Guys, i am sure you have all been to the pumps or grocery stores lately and noticed that things aren't cheap these days. With the price of gas ever on the rise, getting to the gym and work costs more. The cost of fuel also impacts the cost of food as it needs to be shipped from place to place. Now that we are using so much corn as ethanol it costs more to feed the cows, chickens and pigs that we like to eat.

So i thought we could band together and throw out any tips that we have on saving money while still bodybuilding.

So some simple gas saving tips; make sure your tires are properly inflated, underinflated tires rob a sizeable amount of efficiency from your car. If you can handle driving with the A/C on that will save you some gas mileage as well.

In terms of food and groceries, buying a refillable water bottle instead of bottled water will save some cash without really affecting you that much. Buying meat in bulk and freezing it is generally cheaper, though i am sure most of us already do that.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to save some money while still being able to build muscle?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Life isnt cheap you sure about that. Even rice is gonna be expensive these days since there isnt enough for all. And lets not talk about sups, All sups which contain protein are way more expensive than they were a few years ago.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gas is not a problem here but maybe walk to the gym wouldnt a bad idea. buying food in bulk is a another option as well.

good post rye.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Guys, i am sure you have all been to the pumps or grocery stores lately and noticed that things aren't cheap these days. With the price of gas ever on the rise, getting to the gym and work costs more. The cost of fuel also impacts the cost of food as it needs to be shipped from place to place. Now that we are using so much corn as ethanol it costs more to feed the cows, chickens and pigs that we like to eat.

So i thought we could band together and throw out any tips that we have on saving money while still bodybuilding.

So some simple gas saving tips; make sure your tires are properly inflated, underinflated tires rob a sizeable amount of efficient from your car. If you can handle driving with the A/C on that will save you some gas mileage as well.

In terms of food and groceries, buying a refillable water bottle instead of bottled water will save some cash without really affecting you that much. Buying meat in bulk and freezing it is generally cheaper, though i am sure most of us already do that.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to save some money while still being able to build muscle?

This is a great post, and sadly, it applies to more than just bodybuilding stuff. Get used to it though, it's only going to get worse in our lifetime.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is a great post, and sadly, it applies to more than just bodybuilding stuff. Get used to it though, it's only going to get worse in our lifetime.

I was alluding to that, but i don't think its bad enough yet to start stockpiling. But i thought this would be a great way for all of us to share some ideas or things we have learned to save money period, not just as it applies to bodybuilding, but bodybuilding does apply to most areas of our lives.

Another tip, with summer approaching the air conditioning comes on, set the house a temp a degree or two higher and it will save some good coin on the utilities.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was alluding to that, but i don't think its bad enough yet to start stockpiling.

Stockpiling is always a bad idea. It only encourges panic and causes more shortages. Anyways, this give me an idea for another thread.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My only advice is to shop at walmart. Buy tuna eggs wheat pasta smuckers peanut butter. great value nuts, and multi vitamins from their supplements section if yr trying to save money. i use a veggie juicer, make carrot apple n beet juice once a day pretty uch all our vit and minerals their.

God Bless
Ben

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i use a veggie juicer, make carrot apple n beet juice once a day pretty uch all our vit and minerals their.

Ben

Now that is a solid tip. Homemade veggie juices and fruit smoothies are an excellent way to get a ton of nutrients into your body quick and cheap.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Get a Sam's Club card and buy in bulk and stick to the basics of what you need, not what you want - especially when it comes to supps, now may not be the time to try every latest, greatest thing to come out.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stockpiling is always a bad idea. It only encourges panic and causes more shortages. Anyways, this give me an idea for another thread.

It sure is, only serves to drive the prices of those commodities even higher.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff