• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Boxing - Oscar Dela Hoya vs Vitor Belfort

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former middleweight champion Oscar Dela Hoya is making a comeback against Vitor Belfort on September 11 in LA. But this time it is in the light heavyweight division. Dela Hoya insist that it is not an exhibition bout and the result would be part of his boxing record. The 10-round fight is actually a battle of seniors with Belfort at age 44 and Dela Hoya is 48.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Truly covid has its way of making disappointments in sports. The awaited comeback of Oscar Dela Hoya in the boxing ring suffered a snag when he contracted covid just a week to the fight. Fortunately for Vitor Belfort former world heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield will step up as a short-notice replacement for Dela Hoya. As they say in entertainment, the show must go on.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Evander Holyfield is 58 years old and that makes him a big underdog to the 44-year old Vitor Belfort for their bout on September 11. Aside from the age, the bookmakers are favoring Belfort because Holyfield is a replacement on short notice of 2 weeks. The stamina would be in question although the weight is not material because the bout is considered professional but a sort of exhibition only.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Belfort is 44 and Holyfield is 58 so what can we expect from the 2 aging fighters? After the knockdown and Belfort continued a barrage of punches on Holyfield the referee stepped in to stop the fight. It was a 1st round stoppage due to the poor performance of the old man. It was a disgrace but that’s what he gets for replacing covid patient Oscar Dela Hoya on short notice.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now it is revealed that the Holyfield-Belfort fight was a flop in the PPV with only 100,000 buys. To be frank, the fight is not a blockbuster because aging fighters are considered sentimental favorites but not really winners at all. At least the low PPV buys would serve as a lesson that not all fights can make money now.

Reactions: KaiGold
O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now it is revealed that the Holyfield-Belfort fight was a flop in the PPV with only 100,000 buys. To be frank, the fight is not a blockbuster because aging fighters are considered sentimental favorites but not really winners at all. At least the low PPV buys would serve as a lesson that not all fights can make money now.
It sucks getting old and getting appreciated, but that is just life.

Reactions: KaiGold