• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bulky vs Shredded

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Would you rather be bulky like the older wrestlers or more shredded (the IN thing these days)?

Most of the body builders cum actors are now going shredded.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been both over the years.
When I was younger, I was a lot more on the Bulky side, didn't really care about the Body Fat %.

As I've gotten older, I don't like the Extra Weight or Fat.
So I'm much happier when I'm Cut.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Shredded for sure.
And if possible shredded and big.
I stayed shredded for the last 4 years for the most part.
I tried to gain it wouldn't happen. I am almost 41.
I even got sloppy with diet and was eating snacks all night long.
Last summer I started gaining it was a good thing but I gained more than muscle! Lol
When I have more bulk my joints and tendons good and pretty much while lean too.
But getting lean, Omg tendinitis in shoulders, elbows, and even from heal to toe!!!
Suffering right now on the way down!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My bones are thin and my built is the petite size so it's unlikely that being bulky will fit me. I have friends who go to the gym to build bulky muscles and I don't really go for it. Now that I am a senior already, I am maintaining my body that is just right with a little muscle to speak of.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shredded for sure.
Last summer I started gaining it was a good thing but I gained more than muscle! Lol
When I have more bulk my joints and tendons good and pretty much while lean too.
But getting lean, Omg tendinitis in shoulders, elbows, and even from heal to toe!!!

Why would you get tendinitis in getting leaner?

I had tendinitis so I know what that feela like! Get well soon dude.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shredded for sure.

If you are suffering from Tendinitis ~ look into the "Graston Technique".
This is a method of Breaking-up Adhesion's of the Fascia or Muscle that can occur through Injury or Overuse.
By breaking up the Adhesion's, it allows the Muscles/Tendons/Ligaments/Nerves to move freely again.

I had this done for Elbow Tendinitis around 4 years ago, and my Elbow is still 100% and Pain Free.
It was so bad, I could barely turn a Doorknob.

A Good Physical Therapist can do this.
Look for one who works with Athletes, or in a Hospital Setting.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Shredded for sure.

Why would you get tendinitis in getting leaner?

I had tendinitis so I know what that feela like! Get well soon dude.
I am a mechanic so I am constantly using arms wrists shoulders. Constantly turning, pulling, twisting, pushing and it's not like working out. There is no good form bending reaching in and thru and pulling or pushing.

When I am leaning out I get drier and dryness in and around joints will make them hurt and flare up. Inflammation tendinitis or if the joint gets inflamed from calcium build up with dryness the inflammation in an area will affect tendons that connect.

Tendinitis is an inflammation that "some" people get from tiny tears that are normal and always healing. It doesn't necessarily mean u have even anything different besides inflammation than the person besides u who doesn't have it and may have more and worse of these little tears in the process of healing than u.
Also inflammation is higher under stress! Losing weight calorie deficit is stress indeed!!! Especially while lifting.
I also am not high in bf to be begin with.
I am not competing these days not lately and I only gotten to 13-14% in past year before that I stayed around 9% or less.

johnjohn

johnjohn

I believe the bulky look works best for me. Simply because I'm older and I work a physically demanding job. It would be to hard for me to keep that look at 40 years old. Not saying it's not possible just me personally

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe the bulky look works best for me. Simply because I'm older and I work a physically demanding job. It would be to hard for me to keep that look at 40 years old. Not saying it's not possible just me personally

Yeah it totally depends on an individual. Your requirements, aims , goals, type of occupation and stuff.

Looking shredded may be more of a younger thing than the older ages.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I'm all for the bulky look because I look better with it and also it's really very hard to get a shredded body because you have to develop a lot of muscles and I simply don't have the time to do that.

Pushtoday

Pushtoday

I prefer the shredded look but I stay somewhat lean anyhow, I'm fortunate to have a crazy metabolism. Big AND Lean would be nice. :)
But I agree it's definitely a personal preference.

maj79

maj79

I’m the same dude and I’m pretty lean but I will say it’s hard as hell to hit it just right with the cals when one day I could be humpping 3/4 playwood across a roof or the next day just walking around all day. But if a roller coaster ride with cal needs

maj79

maj79

I feel the shredded looks better but bulky feels better. So it’s either way really

johnjohn

johnjohn

I’m the same dude and I’m pretty lean but I will say it’s hard as hell to hit it just right with the cals when one day I could be humpping 3/4 playwood across a roof or the next day just walking around all day. But if a roller coaster ride with cal needs
I would love that ripped look at least once in my life lol. It's just so much easier on me with carb intake hot physically demanding job. Then you add kids on top of all that it can get hectic. As long as I don't have what they call the dad bod now days. I'm good to go

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I prefer the shredded look but I stay somewhat lean anyhow, I'm fortunate to have a crazy metabolism. Big AND Lean would be nice. :)
But I agree it's definitely a personal preference.
Shredded all day.
Fast metabolism here too.
Had heat stroke couple years ago and gained fat first time in years and years.

Think it affected thyroid. Now since using hgh and t3 45mcg and t4 100mg lean no problem

I only want bigger if body fat stays low. No other way!!!

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I am 42 have kids 5, 10, and step ones upper teens to 20

I do high intensity training and I am at high level of being able to contract muscles with no rest. Only rest smaller muscle as superset load off larger muscle for a bit.

All circuits. I am on cut now bf low and eating kids food alot.

I learned it's about training our bodies to be effient to what we put it thru.
I never measure cals I am right now to log for viewers but I know what to eat and when.
I decide adjustments by mirror meaning if honey buns and Debbie cakes or ok or not.
Lol!!
I am diesel mechanic work is physical and very hot!! But other mechanics don't look like me...
Being stredded or ripped for myself depends on this.
If i take 2 minutes rest between set I am gonna bulk
If i diet then I stay lean and bulk.
Or to shred I don't rest between sets build up intensity and become a machine.
Body has no choice but to become more effient to the consistency I am putting it thru this punishment that I love.
Cardio. Lol I get that with her and high intensity heart rate lol!! That I measure and keep above anaerobic threshold. I built it up to that point in every cut.