• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Burning out during an intensive workout

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2013
Messages
141
Points
18
I am having a hard time completing a full work out because I start to burn out near the end. What I mean by burn out is that I start to lose energy and shake. I try to push through but very hard.

I have been trying to slim down and go for a leaner body so my diet has changed. is this a dietary issue? Do I need more carbs or protein?
 
C

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 6, 2013
Messages
743
Points
28
You need more carbs if losing energy.
 
G

GOTGrowth

Active member
Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2014
Messages
38
Points
6
What do you eat before you workout and how long before you workout after you eat?
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
What do you eat before you workout and how long before you workout after you eat?

This.

And how much do you workout? Under 1 hour? 2 hours?
 
ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2013
Messages
141
Points
18
I have skim milk or egg with a little grapefruit juice and a banana in the morning and usually the same for lunch. Supper i have chicken or Tuna or Turkey. I have been keeping the calories down to lean out but maybe I am not getting enough. I am not going for mass any more.
 
G

GOTGrowth

Active member
Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2014
Messages
38
Points
6
I have skim milk or egg with a little grapefruit juice and a banana in the morning and usually the same for lunch. Supper i have chicken or Tuna or Turkey. I have been keeping the calories down to lean out but maybe I am not getting enough. I am not going for mass any more.
How many calories is your meal before you work out? Protein/fat/carbs. How many complex carbs, how many simple carbs. How many calories a day are you getting in? You might not be getting enough calories in throughout the day or it could just be the meal before you work out doing it to you.
 
C

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 6, 2013
Messages
743
Points
28
I don't think he is counting calories and I agree he is probably not getting enough.
 
ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2013
Messages
141
Points
18
Yeah, I am not counting calories.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
I have skim milk or egg with a little grapefruit juice and a banana in the morning and usually the same for lunch. Supper i have chicken or Tuna or Turkey. I have been keeping the calories down to lean out but maybe I am not getting enough. I am not going for mass any more.
How many calories is your meal before you work out? Protein/fat/carbs. How many complex carbs, how many simple carbs. How many calories a day are you getting in? You might not be getting enough calories in throughout the day or it could just be the meal before you work out doing it to you.
I agree.


If cutting calories he should at least add some before workout.
 
T

teamuscle

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 9, 2014
Messages
68
Points
8
I like to balance the amount of carbs that I am eating before I work out. This was something that I was having a really hard time with too in the beginning because I would start out fine but then when I am coming to the close of my workout I would literally feel within my body like I was going to just past out but I would work through the feeling and just do what I had to do. Now I just ensure that I am eating the right things throughout the day so that I will have the energy to go hard in the gym.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff

Similar threads

Top