• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bush saved 10 million lives

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
seems somewhat contradictive.

you say we (the US) are ruining their governments by getting involved, yet you seem to think we should get involved by educating them?

maybe it's just me, but I believe the US government should only concern itself with US affairs.....mainly because when we involve ourselves in other countries, we tend to completely fuck it up.

No. Just there is a lot of hypocrisy and ulterior motives used when help is offered or enacted. So what I'm saying is that the good work that is done is largely subverted or overshaddowed.

And while I understand your point it kinda assumes that the rest of the world's problems don't affect you. Not exactly realistic. Immigration alone from war ravaged countries and hte lack of arms sales would cause all sorts of problems to America's economy :gaysign:
True.

IMO we need to worry about educating our own. we have TOO many problems to be helping others we really we arent helping ourselves. schools in the US are a joke, i had a teacher tell me when he went to a teachers conference, that they are trying to promote kids to drop out cause the schools have too many students, half of my class droped out. they dont help kids get into college, they dont care. i didnt do shit in high school to be honest with you and when i would ask questions they would completely ignore me so i never got the help i needed, i even took a shit load of afternoon and night school classes and nothing they dont motivate kids to get an education, why should we care about other countries? i think we should help other countrys and promote education but after we fix our situation. i never had a teacher/counselor talk to me about college or anything or give me any advice or direction, which is why society is so fucked. which results into crimes/drugs and so on.

sorry if i may have stirred away from the topic.
Not true. See my above points.

And yes the general education system in America sucks ballz. But the higher education institutes are regarded very highly. Plus motivation to learn isn't just the responsibility of the teacher, the students have to have the desire to learn. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And yes the general education system in America sucks ballz. But the higher education institutes are regarded very highly. Plus motivation to learn isn't just the responsibility of the teacher, the students have to have the desire to learn. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

i had the desire to learn, and teachers would ignore me when i challenged them with a difficult question. also when i would confront them about why they ignore me they would call the security on me. if i had someone who would help me, and showed me the different paths i could take after high school i probably would have gone to college. you cant say i didnt want to learn cause the high school required amount of credits were 24, i had close to 40 with all the night school i would take. senior year i just didnt care i had taken all my classes i needed so i took 6 classes of work expierance and i didnt go to school the whole year, it was too late to talk about college and SATs since i had already joined the marines.

my point is, no one is promoting education where we need it the most.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i had the desire to learn, and teachers would ignore me when i challenged them with a difficult question. also when i would confront them about why they ignore me they would call the security on me. if i had someone who would help me, and showed me the different paths i could take after high school i probably would have gone to college. you cant say i didnt want to learn cause the high school required amount of credits were 24, i had close to 40 with all the night school i would take. senior year i just didnt care i had taken all my classes i needed so i took 6 classes of work expierance and i didnt go to school the whole year, it was too late to talk about college and SATs since i had already joined the marines.

my point is, no one is promoting education where we need it the most.

Not judging here, and you haven't given the full perspective; but doesn't sound like you were the sort of student the teacher liked dealing with. The second sentence makes it sound like you were overly agressive, and the first sentence sounds like you weren't asking questions that were relevant (we had guys who would ask questions that were way outside of topic but they were always trying to relate knowledge, it was only the weirdo questions that got ignored).

And you kinda invalidate your own point. You had enough schooling if you were able to do double the amount of course work needed. So how was education not promoted correctly? You chose a different path. Nothing wrong with not being a lawyer or whatever, in fact we need less lawyers.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not judging here, and you haven't given the full perspective; but doesn't sound like you were the sort of student the teacher liked dealing with..
teachers in my school didnt like dealing with anyone. there were alot of bad apples, just kids that didnt have any discipline or guidance. i wasnt a nerd but i had the desire to learn, isnt that what you said was needed? now if they didnt want to help me and move on with their class, then thats a personal problem not that i didnt want to learn.

The second sentence makes it sound like you were overly agressive, and the first sentence sounds like you weren't asking questions that were relevant (we had guys who would ask questions that were way outside of topic but they were always trying to relate knowledge, it was only the weirdo questions that got ignored).
how can you ask off topic questions in math? lol. these are just assumed reactions possibly by the way i am on this forum, the first assumption is obviously the way most of you see me in here "not the kind of person teachers wanted to put up with". thats fine but it wasnt like that at all, its much different in a classroom.

And you kinda invalidate your own point. You had enough schooling if you were able to do double the amount of course work needed. So how was education not promoted correctly? You chose a different path. Nothing wrong with not being a lawyer or whatever, in fact we need less lawyers.
I took extra night school and afternoon school classes, but i still didnt get the help i needed. im telling you teachers promote kids to drop out, from the last 5 years the number of kids droping out per year has drastically increased. if i were some guidance counselor or something, everyone that wanted to drop out would have to go through me first and i decide. i would motivate the kid first and showing him options and different careers he can take, instead of signing his papers and saying "good luck in life kid" and sending out another kid without a future.

it may sound stupid, but someone needs to change the way our education system works. making it harder for kids to dropout rather than easier. giving them personal advice, showing them that education is important. also weed out all the teachers that arent doing their job correctly. having some kind of comment card and talking to the kids personally about where they need help.

"no child left behind" right? we shoulding give up on our own.

give them something to shoot for, and show them if they work hard they can have anything they want.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weapon that was one of the best posts you've made man. repped. i can easily see how you would be categorized and generalized in a school were most are a perceived lost cause and a teacher wouldn't give you the time of day because of this.

Originally posted by theweapon
how can you ask off topic questions in math? lol. these are just assumed reactions possibly by the way i am on this forum, the first assumption is obviously the way most of you see me in here "not the kind of person teachers wanted to put up with". thats fine but it wasnt like that at all, its much different in a classroom.

completely true.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weapon that was one of the best posts you've made man. repped. i can easily see how you would be categorized and generalized in a school were most are a perceived lost cause and a teacher wouldn't give you the time of day because of this.

completely true.

im just tired of seeing kids wasting their lives away. and what really made me realize all this and that someone has to do something about it when i asked my sister about college and if anyone has talked to her about college. she said no, and shes finishing up junior year now. im helping her before its too late because now its the time to start looking at schools and everything. my parents are doing the same thing to her what they did to me. never gave me any advice about college or my future,(which is the reason schools should promote college and better futures more, cause not everyone has supporting parents that push you, bad enough they come from broken homes but they arent doing anything with their lives) and i dont want to see her end up like me mentally cause i dont think shes strong enough to pick herself up. she wants to go to this forensics/criminology school in new york, she meets all the requirements(cause i looked into it for her) this week im buying her the SAT/ACT books so she can study for those exams, dude ill pay for her college! ill do w.e i have to so my sister can have an education and a future. i even talk to the kids in the gym about college even the military and kinda give them advice to make smarter decisions.