• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Busted bodybuilding couple are not going to prison!

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Busted Bodybuilding Couple

An award-winning bodybuilding pair who operated an unauthorized pharmacist to sell £19,000 worth of 'very deadly' steroids to their pals escaped prison time.

Leon Levesley, 39, was guilty Tuesday of having anabolic steroids with the intent to supply in 2019.

According to Hull Crown Court, the fitness obsessive purchased the body-enhancing medicines in quantity to earn a side profit. He also utilized the chemicals to get a "competitive edge" in competitions.

Mr. Levesley, Thorngumbald, enlisted the help of his then-girlfriend, bodybuilder Clair Willie, 36, and her parents in his scam, which was foiled when police discovered £19,000 in anabolic steroids secreted at two houses.

Ms. Willie, of Keyingham, was also accused of selling with intent, although she rejected the charges. She has, however, confessed to being worried about the situation.

Experts warn that if the steroids were misused, they could have caused "serious harm" to others.

When police executed a search warrant at the couple's Forge Court house in Thorngumbald and Willie's parents' property on Ottringham Road in Keyingham, they shut down Mr. Levesley's improvised pharmacy.

Both residences had large amounts of anabolic steroids in pills and vials. The Keyingham property was also being used as a "safe" residence for shipping anabolic steroid supplies.

'Given the volumes, they were selling to other users in that fraternity,' prosecutor David Godfrey told the court, adding that the pills were worth £19,000. The worth, according to the defense, was between £5,500 and £7,500.

'The narcotics were to be sold directly to the public,' said Recorder Peter Makepeace QC.

'You took them to give yourself a competitive advantage. You were providing others directly. What you have been doing is effectively turning yourself into a chemist,' he told Mr. Levesley.

The famous bodybuilder was deciding on an 'appropriate amount of steroids' for others to take, but this was 'extremely risky' and had 'all the potential for significant injury.'

On February 14, 2019, Mr. Levesley confessed to two counts of having Class C anabolic steroids with the intent to provide. Ms. Willie maintained her denial of the claims leveled against her.

Both had rejected the allegations at an earlier hearing before Hull Magistrates' Court on June 9 and had chosen to have their cases heard by the jury. According to the court, the amended pleads were satisfactory to the prosecution.

Mr. Levesley was assigned 150 hours of unpaid labor. Willie was given a six-month curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.

If he had previously been convicted of another comparable offense, he would have received an instant jail term.

'You realize you're practically putting yourself in jail,' remarked Recorder Makepeace. Mr. Levesley received glowing recommendations.

During the police interrogation, Mr. Levesley delivered a "straight denial" concerning the incident, while Willie remained silent on all queries. Levesley had no prior convictions but did have a 2014 warning for importing Class C medicines, not anabolic steroids.

Ms. Willie had no prior convictions, but the prosecution claims she was a Class C drug user due to her "bodybuilding ambitions."

She did not seem to be selling drugs, but she was aware of what Mr. Levesley was doing and that narcotics were being sent to her parents' house.

'I believe you were lured into this by your co-accused,' Recorder Makepeace added.

'There has been a significant delay in this matter,' Recorder Makepeace said. After Recorder Makepeace indicated the punishments he was considering, neither defendant sought mitigation.

In 2017, the former partners competed in the International Bodybuilding and Fitness Association's British final.

Mr. Levesley finished third in the Mr. Class 1 category, while Ms. Willie placed second in the ladies' toned figure category. She has since given birth to a daughter.

'We are both feeling pretty well and upbeat,' Mr. Levesley previously told Hull Live.

'It's a complete commitment.' Being truthful takes over your life. It is one of those sports that is on all the time. You work out three times a day.'

He turned to Facebook after winning NABBA Britain 2022 to highlight his accomplishments. 'I'm completely buzzing!' he said. I honestly did not anticipate this.

'Winning a British championship has always been an ambition of mine, and I finally achieved it.' It makes all of the efforts and sacrifices worthwhile. I applied for the overall but was unsuccessful.

'But it doesn't damper my spirits now that I've won Mr. Britain.' Thank you for all of your encouraging words. They are all very important to me.'

Last edited by a moderator: