• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can bodybuilding cause a miscarriage?

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I read a story of a lady who was doing body building. Her abs were so firm and tight. When she got pregnant, her belly couldn't expand natural because the muscles were just so tight. So she had a miscarriage.

Do you think bodybuilding should now be left only for men since women's body are meant for other things like carrying a baby?

S

SolidSa

This is a serious myth, only a strong women can bear a strong child all these myths are circulated only to demoralise women from weight training. The Process of child birth is gradual, the belly expands gradually over a period of time, progesterone & Oestrogen would help in stomach expansion. During 2nd trimester, should gradually reduce workout intensity and follow doctors advise.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is a serious myth, only a strong women can bear a strong child all these myths are circulated only to demoralise women from weight training. The Process of child birth is gradual, the belly expands gradually over a period of time, progesterone & Oestrogen would help in stomach expansion. During 2nd trimester, should gradually reduce workout intensity and follow doctors advise.
Sorry to say it was not a myth but a true story. I won't refute your explanation about the belly expanding. I only know this story of this one white woman and I'm not sure how many other women have experienced this because I didn't do research on it. But I appreciate your input.

S

SolidSa

Sorry to say it was not a myth but a true story. I won't refute your explanation about the belly expanding. I only know this story of this one white woman and I'm not sure how many other women have experienced this because I didn't do research on it. But I appreciate your input.
Don't come to any conclusions based on a single incident. There are many successful bodybuilders and weight lifters and other sports women that I know are married and became pregnant and had normal safe delivery without any issues. Don't worry, consult a doctor and follow their advise to have happy and safe child birth. No need to worry about this.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't come to any conclusions based on a single incident. There are many successful bodybuilders and weight lifters and other sports women that I know are married and became pregnant and had normal safe delivery without any issues. Don't worry, consult a doctor and follow their advise to have happy and safe child birth. No need to worry about this.
Alright. I appreciate your kind words. Women's bodies are not the same. And now I understand why others have issues and others not.

Maybe this one lady used additional things while body building and that is why her pelvic couldn't expand.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
This is the power lifting section. Please use the correct topic when posting. I am moving this thread to the correct forum.

Reactions: Mildredtabitha