• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cardio advice needed

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
i currently do no cardio sessions a week. i want to add some cardio work in to get fitter not to burn fat, so 2/3 times per week of 30 mins sessions will suffice. the only time i have to do cardio is mondays, tuesdays, thursdays and fridays. all of them are my weight training days. can i do cardio before the workout or after, what is best? cheers guys.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when i was cutting i just did my weight sessions, then i drank a shake with 80g of carbs and 40 g of protein+ some bcaa's and then i did cardio- 20-30 minutes on the treadmill. it worked perfectly fine for me:)

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
cheers mate, you dont think itll hamper my progress and stop me getting biger do you?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
cheers mate, you dont think itll hamper my progress and stop me getting biger do you?

no way man, alittle cardio is good for your heart and overall health, as long as you dont do to much and with too much intensity ull be fine, just keep eating tons of healthy foods and ill think ur physique will progress from it:xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
cheers mate for that, yeh thats why im adding it in, wanna keep my heart strong and healthy. cheers :)

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think some General Physical Preparedness (GPP) would be great. There's a ton of different ways you can go about GPP so just google it and put together a program of your own.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Excellent post, it's always refreshing to see someone with a head on their shoulders, and still thinking about heart/general health while "bulking".

I agree with Wolf completely, with your goals, GPP would be good stuff. You're still trying to add mass, so GPP would be preferred over typical treadmill running or what not.

Theres a bunch of good options, I'd search google and youtube for things like "spartan training" or "300 training". Those guys did a lot of stuff which would be great for you.

here are some ideas:

You could do an exercise like DB snatches when you do shoulders, this is a great mass builder too.

Band sprints

Pinhead

Pinhead

Iron cardio

If you are bored of doing the basic cardio with treadmill or crosstrainer,(like I'm) add some iron cardio in your weekly program. 3-4 sequences with two moves on superset, with minimum weights and 15-25 reps

Something like this

Bench press+Front pulldowns x 15-25
15-30sec/rest

Dips+Barbell curls x 15-25
15-30sec/rest

Shoulder press+Dumbell flyes x 15-25
15-30sec/rest

Cable crunches+Lower back extension x 15-25

After the set, rest for 3-5min and repeat until :ugh:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a bit confused about GPP. Ive red about it but its seems to me that it would interfere too much with your recovery. Could be wrong but thats the main reason why I never tried it. For example when doing a FB routine on mon-wed-fri and than some GPP on teu-sun could make it hard to recover, at least thats how I feel.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a bit confused about GPP. Ive red about it but its seems to me that it would interfere too much with your recovery. Could be wrong but thats the main reason why I never tried it. For example when doing a FB routine on mon-wed-fri and than some GPP on teu-sun could make it hard to recover, at least thats how I feel.

It really depends which type of exercises you do. There's dozens of non-weighted exercises you can do that won't slow down recovery. Seems like a lot of people agree that it helps with recovery, too.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
thanks guys for all your comments, im going to take them all into consideration and ill be checking that GPP out, thanks :)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would never recommend cardio before a weight training session. I think if you have to do it on a weight training day, either seperate it from your weight training by 4 hours or do it immediately following. Best of luck.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
well separating it by 4 hours is not of option so im going have to opt for after the workout. cheers buddy.

P

patucas

hi! you look terrific in that picture in the kitchen. Post other pictures to see your evolution, please! Great size for just 17

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol

Excellent post, it's always refreshing to see someone with a head on their shoulders, and still thinking about heart/general health while "bulking".

I agree with Wolf completely, with your goals, GPP would be good stuff. You're still trying to add mass, so GPP would be preferred over typical treadmill running or what not.

Theres a bunch of good options, I'd search google and youtube for things like "spartan training" or "300 training". Those guys did a lot of stuff which would be great for you.

here are some ideas:

You could do an exercise like DB snatches when you do shoulders, this is agreat mass builder too.

Band sprints

For some reason this looked awkward to me.