• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cheat your body into working more for less – I

robert.gaskins4

robert.gaskins4

We often feel the need to get out of the rut and take up new challenges. This keeps us on the edge. Similarly, bodybuilders juggle intensity and frequency of workouts to maximize muscle growth. Here are some tricks that trainers use to split the barrier of routine and challenge themselves off the limit.

Speed Training:
Everyone knows the fact that lifting heavy weights can increase muscle tension and lead to maximum growth. Did you know that along with heavy weights, speed can also help enhance your output? Yes, you can. I don´t want to adopt a pretence of ´´change we can¨ attitude, but yes these exercises can transform the results achieved by bodybuilding exercises.

Use combined set of exercises for different area. For example, in leg exercises, complete about 5 – 6 reps of squats using a barbell. Ensure that you do not reach the point of failure. After finishing the squats begin with jump squats and do as many as possible. Wait for about two to three minutes and perform another set. Perform at least five sets.

The same combined exercises can be done with chest and biceps. For chest exercises, use a combination of chin-ups with plyo pushups (these are pushups in which you push the body up in the air and you land back on your palms). And, to exercise the biceps you can do weighted chin-ups with barbell curls alternatively for three to five sets.

Density Workout:
Performing the workout can be difficult especially when you are running out of time. A solution to this problem is density workout. You can complete intensive workout within a stipulated amount of time through density workouts.

Choose a specific time interval within which you expect your exercise to be complete. Do not focus on too many exercises but concentrate on single exercise at a time. For instance, decide a time interval of 5 minutes for one exercise. Complete 10-12 reps of this exercise and rest for 30 seconds and perform a 30-second workout again. You can try the same for leg exercises as well. This type of workout will squeeze out a lot of energy but you can complete more number of reps in shorter period. Moreover, you can reduce the break time daily by 5 seconds to have a more intensive workout.

There are two other workouts that I wish to mention but I will talk about it in the next post. Till then, happy exercising!