• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cody Garbrandt's feud with that meathead is the weirdest MMA beef since Dana White agreed to box Tito Ortiz

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is from SportsJoe and I thought it was funny!

Bodybuilder actually shows up to 'fight' UFC champion Cody Garbrandt, hilarity ensues
Body builder garbrandt

By Ben Kiely
Cody Garbrandt's feud with that meathead is the weirdest MMA beef since Dana White agreed to box Tito Ortiz.

Cody Garbrandt was scheduled to defend his title against TJ Dillashaw at UFC 213, but injury saw that scrap postponed.

Dillashaw then began looking for a flyweight title shot with Demetrious Johnson. Garbrandt sent out a tweet suggesting that Dillashaw waited for him to heal up so that they could duke it out as planned, which resulted in a call-out from bodybuilder Matthew Kline Kader.

The two engaged in a Twitter back-and-forth culminating in Garbrandt tweeting the address of his gym, telling Kader to let him know when he wants to settle this once and for all. Remarkably, the bodybuilder called his bluff and sent a screenshot of a plane ticket he purchased to go to Sacramento in June. He also claimed that he's bringing a camera crew to document everything.

SBG head coach put up a generous offer to ensure that the bodybuilder actually showed up. If they fought, Kavanagh would donate $1,000 to charity. If Kader won, he promised to add another zero to the donation.

While it didn't seem like something that could actually materialize, there is a precedence. UFC veteran Josh Neer gave a social media troll a savage beatdown after he kept pestering him abusive messages. The subsequent footage from the one-sided annihilation went viral.

Kader had been relentlessly promoting the fight on his Instagram account shortly after the beef started. He uploaded photoshopped posters, promos and did everything he could to hype the fight. So he would have made himself look like a right fool if he didn't turn up as promised.

That magic date arrived and Cody Garbrandt didn't find him upon arrival at the gym. He left his phone number at the front desk on the off-chance the bodybuilder arrived later.

News Source: https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/cody-garbrandt-bodybuilder-ufc-128044

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been watching the coverage of the team Grabrandt versus team Dillashaw as they help their teammates in the training. I can see that Cody has some antics favornin the coverage but TJ seems to be so naturally timid. It appears to me that they don't flow when it comes to chemistry. Cody is a good actor and I believe that he is acting naturally. He is a playful guy as he had shown it when he defeated champion Dominick Cruz.

R

rz3300

Banned
It does seem a little foolish, and something that the MMA guy should hopefully just shrug off and move on. This is one of those things that is a lose lose for someone like that, for the most part anyway, but I guess we shall see.