• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Combining running and lifting

B

Bigger happier

Any thoughts on how to combine the two? Not talking about pure bodybuilding but more of a fitness viewpoint. Right now I'm lifting 3 days a week with about 6 sets a body part on a three way split. The off days I can hammer the runs but on lifting days the runs are slow as hell but I feel it's still beneficial. Thinking about changing it up because it's becoming hellish. I'm the highest body weight I have ever been in my life at 175lbs and 5'8". I think for the most part I look okay but I think health wise it's a mistake at this age. I'd like to get down to 155lbs.

One thought it to do a whole body routine twice a week then the running days are just devoted to that.

Another is to do a Yates type routine where I would warm up and nail that one set with a Yates 4 way split. I did this in the past with great results but I was 20 years younger or so. Don't know if I could do double sessions of cardio and a HIT to exhaustion routine in the same day like I did.

Last choice is just using moderate weights and volume. Again I would run into a double session day at times. Thinking of a 3 on and 1 off. Why this appeals to me it has an endurance component in itself with the volume.

Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: KaiGold and TalkAdmin
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How old are you? I run in the morning and lift in the evening.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!