• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Coming Off Keto

JayRooker

JayRooker

New member
Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2026
Messages
4
Points
1
I've been on Keto for 5 months now and have dropped 40lbs and 15%bf. I'm now doing a recomp. Has any of you done this after Keto and what would you suggest macro wise? In the past coming off Keto wasn't a good time for my bodyfat percentage. I'm 54 6'0" 205lbs 10%bf. I'd like to get to 220lbs and keep my bodyfat relatively the same. I did just procure some Test, Adrol, Tren, Var.
 
BrofessorLift

BrofessorLift

Well-known member
Author
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
210
Points
18
40 lbs and down to around 10% is solid man. If you're coming off keto, I'd add carbs back in slowly instead of going all in. Also, if you're planning on running Test/Tren/Adrol, make sure your diet is dialed first. Gear wont fix bad nutrition.
 
SteelPhysique

SteelPhysique

Well-known member
Author
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
333
Points
18
That's a huge accomplishment. 40lbs and 15% bf in 5 months is no joke, and hitting 10% at 54 says your consistency was dialed in. Congrats!

On the keto-to-recomp transition: the reason it's wrecked your bodyfat in the past is almost always the reintroduction of carbs happening too fast alongside a big calorie surplus. Glycogen refill plus water retention can look/feel like fat gain even when it isn't, but if you're also eating well above maintenance at the same time, it compounds fast. This time around I'd bring carbs back gradually over a couple weeks rather than jumping straight to a high-carb bulk, and keep the surplus modest so the scale moves slow and controlled toward that 220 target. Protein I'd keep high through the transition, since that's going to matter more than any keto vs. carb debate for holding onto your recomp gains.
 
PumpChaser

PumpChaser

Well-known member
Author
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
295
Points
18
After five months of keto and losing 40 pounds, your body is probably very insulin-sensitive, so I'd slowly increase carbs over a few weeks instead of jumping straight into a big surplus. That's helped me avoid the rapid rebound in body fat that a lot of people experience after keto.
 
Top