• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

‘Crack babies’ aren’t severely damaged

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
more anti-drug propaganda being proven incorrect.

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1034191.html

“Are there actually drug effects? Yes,” said Barry Lester, a professor of psychiatry at Brown University who directs the large federally funded Maternal Lifestyle Study. “But they’re small, not huge. … These kids are not damaged in the way we first thought.”

After monitoring these children into their teen years, researchers think cocaine exposure is less severe than alcohol and comparable to tobacco use during pregnancy.

Less damage may result from a chemical circulating in the mother than in the poverty or poor parenting resulting from drug addiction in the home.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I told my mother this, because she is from the SOVIET MOTHERLAND and thus hates fun and anything that makes life more interesting, in an attempt to help broaden her views. She said: "You know all those studies are founded by drugdealers right?"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sure things are over exaggerated for sure... though I still wouldn't advise pregnant women to use alcohol/drugs, lol.... the placenta is permeable to these, so there's a risk.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ word. sure some of the claims may be overexaggerated on the extent of damage babies exposed to this may endure. still, not even remotely a good idea to use ANY drug from tobacco/alcohol to meth while pregnant.

this is good anti drug propaganda. no mother should be told using these drugs is acceptable while pregnant. i'm suprised you're "for" this tech considering your stance on personal liberties. a mother can endanger her own life all she wants, but when she does so with a child inside her she is effectively endangering/affecting 2 lives, and that is unacceptable. personal liberties are fine, but they can't infringe on anyone elses.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
^ word. sure some of the claims may be overexaggerated on the extent of damage babies exposed to this may endure. still, not even remotely a good idea to use ANY drug from tobacco/alcohol to meth while pregnant.

this is good anti drug propaganda. no mother should be told using these drugs is acceptable while pregnant. i'm suprised you're "for" this tech considering your stance on personal liberties. a mother can endanger her own life all she wants, but when she does so with a child inside her she is effectively endangering/affecting 2 lives, and that is unacceptable. personal liberties are fine, but they can't infringe on anyone elses.
this has absolutely nothing to do with promoting drug use.

"good anti-drug propaganda"....like being told that taking steroids will make you have "roid rage"? or that if you smoke marijuana you will go crazy and jump out of windows?

the point is, there is nothing wrong with teaching people the dangers of drugs....just as long as you don't lie about it. the crack baby myth is just one of many that have or will be proven incorrect/exaggerated.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I told my mother this, because she is from the SOVIET MOTHERLAND and thus hates fun and anything that makes life more interesting, in an attempt to help broaden her views. She said: "You know all those studies are founded by drugdealers right?"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Your mom goes to college :bitelip:

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech, is that why you were "OK" as a baby?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Your mom goes to college :bitelip:
KipYesssnapoleondynamite-1.gif

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff