• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Creatine?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^^ Ok cool.

Seems odd logic. It's just that empty stomach is nigh on impossible if you are meant to eat every 2-3hrs. A decent lump of meat may take 4hrs or more to digest.

In terms of speed of absorption I can see that empty stomach would be great. But in terms of bioavailability I don't see the issue. It being bound to anything is only going to be temporary (unless it binds to fibre, which is a possibility).

what i do is i drink it immediately after i wake up. Its digested within 40 minutes or less, then i eat 50 minutes after i drink it..... eventually i eat 1 hour before i workout (decent ammount of protein, high to moderate carbs and some fructose from an apple), my average workout is 45-60 minutes, i drink my creatine at around the 35-40 minute mark. by the time i drink it my food is digested since i dont eat a whole lot of meat pre-workout. by the time i finish working out my creatine is digested or mostly digested (i hear its absobed the most post-workout) and then once its down i drink a protein shake or i eat. i dont eat large ammounts of meat until post workout... i usually workout at around 1-3 pm so its fairly early. my post workout meal will have moderate-high (depending on how im currently looking) carbs and really high protein, i will then eat 2 more meals; as much chicken or steak as i can eat (knowing that i have to eat again), and then i try to have a ton of fish before bed. so lately im zero carbs for the meals after my post-workout meal, i might have a protein shake before bed or somewhere else in the diet .... so u can see how im able to take down the creatine and/or other amino acids on an empty stomach while still eating every 2-3 hours while taking atleast 2 protein shakes a day.

NOTE: that would be MY ideal diet FOR NOW, based on what i know about myself and not having any professional assistance (unfortunately). I atleast doubled my protein intake and i cut my carbs by atleast half. I havent eaten like this in 3 years but back then i ate about tripple or quadruple the carbs i eat right now. The reason im eating like this now (minus the supplements because they havent came in the mail) is because im trying to get cut but i cant drop all my carbs or atleast be really low carb because i instruct a fit camp for women and we do all sorts of calisthenics and cardio and some resistance and aside from that i gotta do in my own bodybuilding workout later in the day. i dont want to get too skinny.

there is some logic to my mess of things. it happens to work for me. but damn i wrote a long ass essay hahaha

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i know what im typing sounds complicated and over thought out but its pretty simple when u think about it, i have two windows with an empty stomach, and i shove creatine in them

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heres a thread that semi-supports what i said... but not really since its a thread. I couldnt find the article where dr murray j cohen makes that statement so its BS until i do lol.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/b...nt-put-creatine-your-protein-shake-72821.html

heres a thread that semi-supports what i said... but not really since its a thread. I couldnt find the article where dr murray j cohen makes that statement so its BS until i do lol.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/b...nt-put-creatine-your-protein-shake-72821.html

I agree with IS as well that PWO is a great time for creatine just in the shake. I have read that pre-workout can work well too and doesn't lead to as much subcutaneous bloat.

The refs that they are supposedly citing in that thread seem to be non-existent:
http://scholar.google.com.au/schola...ication=&as_ylo=&as_yhi=&as_allsubj=all&hl=en