• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dad accidentially buys son Mike's Lemonade, son goes to foster home

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fuck, a harmless mistake. This is pathetic.

Absent-minded professor dad buys lemonade for his kid at a baseball game. Turns out it's a Mike's Hard Lemonade.

After a guard spots the bottle, the kid is whisked away to the hospital in an ambulance (!) where they found no trace of alcohol in his blood about 90 minutes later. The doctors said he was OK to go, but instead he wound up in foster care. It was "two days before the state of Michigan allowed Ratte's wife, U-M architecture professor Claire Zimmerman, to take their son home, and nearly a week before [dad Christopher] Ratte was permitted to move back into his own house."

Everyone involved seems to have come down with a serious case of "just following orders":

The sympathetic cop who interviewed Ratte and his son at the hospital said she was convinced what happened had been an accident, but that her supervisor was insisting the matter be referred to Child Protective Services.

And Ratte thought the two child protection workers who came to take Leo away seemed more annoyed with the police than with him. "This is so unnecessary," one told Ratte before driving away with his son.
But there was really nothing any of them could do, they all said.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
lol, that is bullshit. I dont even know what Mike's hard lemonade is... it obviously hasnt got a very high alcohol content then.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol, that is bullshit. I dont even know what Mike's hard lemonade is... it obviously hasnt got a very high alcohol content then.

It actually does, I think its like 5.2% (though it used to be like 7% if I remember correctly during my drunken teenage years :tear:)

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a typical example of useless bureacrasy(spelling?) wasting time on useless crap instead of doing something useful.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a typical example of useless bureacrasy(spelling?) wasting time on useless crap instead of doing something useful.

Bulkboy with a Ron Paul type statment outta nowhere!! :hsughr:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's fucked up. I could easily see someone buying that thinking it's regular lemonade.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its pretty clearly marked with alcohol content and plus isnt it usually found in the liquor section of the store lol...

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its pretty clearly marked with alcohol content and plus isnt it usually found in the liquor section of the store lol...

It says he bought it at the baseball game. So, he probably walked up and said "i'll take a lemonade," then gets Mike's Hard Lemonade. Then, gives it to his son.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
clearly that father is a terrorist.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It says he bought it at the baseball game. So, he probably walked up and said "i'll take a lemonade," then gets Mike's Hard Lemonade. Then, gives it to his son.

Good call!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
It actually does, I think its like 5.2% (though it used to be like 7% if I remember correctly during my drunken teenage years :tear:)

So is it just like... Solo with alcohol in it?