• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dave & John Gone from MD

• Thread starter youngmusclejock
  • Start date
GetSize

GetSize

Surprisingly mecca has been a bit slow at reporting this .... it all started early Monday morning with Romano not being able to log in.
First most of us noticed was the Monday's show was cancelled then we here it's gone for good and an new team MD is in place from next week. And all Dave & John's posts are gone from the website ! With everyone asking what's going on and why has it been handled in such an unprofessional manner ?

Guys you should download Monday's BIG NATION RADIO, they give a more in depth view than the mere few minutes Dan & Bob gave.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ultimate
Dave's "your fired" call from Blechman was great.
Pretty sure Dave will be back in the spotlight soon.

Some of the changes at MD's website could be very good but I really dislike that a lot of the guys still in a job are not sticking up for Dave the icon of NO Bull and the forum. Instead they and the new hires are all praising the new administration !
It all seems to be over Blechman's insistence that MD become anti-Ketogenic which is diametrically opposed to Dave/John/Dr. scott Connelly etc's experience that carbs are not essential.

Rather childish don't you think ?

The word "wrong" comes to mind but not childish. MD is a business plain and simple. I would not expect anyone who still has a job to stick up for Dave or John or else they would be handed a pink slip also. I think this has absolutely nothing to do with what direction MD was going. Just like every other business in America is doing right now......"Belt tightening".

P

power

WOW, I wonder what type of work they are going to find?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is from John tonight on PBW (it was read live!!)

"After 18 years of dedicated service to Muscular Development Magazine and more recently it's website, the relationship that saw me rise from a mere contributor to a Senior Editor has come to, as all things enevitiblydo an end. However, the end was not unforseen . My gradually eroding confidence in manner in which business was being conducted and the decisions that were being made painted a very telling picture of things to come. Clearly the magazine and the website are headed counter my beliefs, not to mention those of my radio parnter and former editor in chief of the md.com website, Dave Palumbo. As you all probably know, Dave relationship with MD ended today. As well the manner in which the end unfolded was rather unfortunate, but not unexpected. It invinced quite accurately the evolving attitude of Muscular Development. I am very greatful to Steve Blechman for the opportunity hes offered me over the years, and wish him and his future endeavors much success. To all my fans readers and listeners, now decrying the gigantic hole I left in MD, rest assure, you ain't seen, or heard the last of me!"

- John Romano
No wonder the guy got fired; a senior editor that can't construct a simple, grammatically correct sentence is not one you keep.

As for Dave; I think it was his average "Tip of the Week" segment that got him fired. "Dave you squat like a girl :gtfoslap:"

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No wonder the guy got fired; a senior editor that can't construct a simple, grammatically correct sentence is not one you keep.

As for Dave; I think it was his average "Tip of the Week" segment that got him fired. "Dave you squat like a girl :gtfoslap:"

Palumbo was useless.... 1 arm machine side lateral raises as the exercise of the week? give me a break....

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palumbo was useless.... 1 arm machine side lateral raises as the exercise of the week? give me a break....

in his defense he did give some good (albeit sometimes needlessly high dosage) steroid and diet advice.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ yeah thats true...he should just focus on gettin people ready for shows...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ yeah thats true...he should just focus on gettin people ready for shows...

so far he is getting quite a good rap sheet in preparing guys to either do well in pro shows (i don't think it's a coincedence toney freeman just happened to reunite with palumbo last year, and blew us all away after some very lackluster showings) or to help them attain professional status. the man is quite knowledgeable in anabolics as well with good advice (most of the time).

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He has his clients do like 3 hours of cardio a day... Ronald McDonald could do someone's contest prep diet, and if they did 3 hours of cardio a day, they'd come in ripped.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He has his clients do like 3 hours of cardio a day... Ronald McDonald could do someone's contest prep diet, and if they did 3 hours of cardio a day, they'd come in ripped.

c'mon dude. that sounds good but i know you know that's not true. if it were, everyone would always come in shape and wouldn't need a dietician. the man does a good job with contest prep and his clients are visual proof of this.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
c'mon dude. that sounds good but i know you know that's not true. if it were, everyone would always come in shape and wouldn't need a dietician. the man does a good job with contest prep and his clients are visual proof of this.

It's just modified Atkins and a ton of cardio, plus whatever else... . it takes a ton of dedication (and free time) to do his content prep, and if someone wants to do that, sweet... but there's nothing magic about it. I think with a legit 4-5 months of dieting, doing this much cardio and eating low calories, pretty much anyone could come in diced.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's just modified Atkins and a ton of cardio, plus whatever else... . it takes a ton of dedication (and free time) to do his content prep, and if someone wants to do that, sweet... but there's nothing magic about it. I think with a legit 4-5 months of dieting, doing this much cardio and eating low calories, pretty much anyone could come in diced.

ya agreed there. i guess it's how he pushes them to actually stick to the cardio and eat what they should that makes his methods work.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya agreed there. i guess it's how he pushes them to actually stick to the cardio and eat what they should that makes his methods work.

exactly.

B

big_duuude

Only if you wash it down with 'diet' coke. LoL

From the changes above, I thought they were getting rid of womens bodybuilding coverage to attract more mainstream attention ?

This guy seems to have the latest info on the firing ..

KAMALI's behind it I tell you. LoL

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:rofl3: