• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Deadlifts are useless for building strength

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

i hav q ?? i wana doo sldl wit my leg trainin, does that mean i shood stop doing them wid my back training??? n deadlifts hav made mii grip stronga soo ive added 15 kilos too my bb rows lol

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

check out my log and give me some advice
we have any upper body lower body split
on ub days we have to do bench, lat pulls or bent rows
on lb days we have to do front squats, leg curls, deadlifts (hex bar but I still do the barbell dl's)
all with their prescribed amount of reps and sets
any advice helpful thanks

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I will say this. Doing dl with a trap bar does place much more emphasis on the legs because the bar takes a different range of motion. As long is your back is locked out just as you would lock it out on squats and its not rounding your fine. Deadlifts are a great way to pack on some mass and a guy like you looking to gain weight for next year def should be doing deadlifts.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should have just slapped everyone of them in the face.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been using the trap bar for deads also. It enables me to use my legs more rather than just using back.

As long as your form is good, continue using the barbell.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
USE THE FORCE!

Man, I know how you feel. I had some nut trying to tell me that I shouldn't be benching 225, becuase it's too heavy for my bodyweight......

WTF? I'm powerlifting!

Anyways, deadlift loudly, often, and in their faces.

Last edited by a moderator:
wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

the only time that I'm going to use the trap bar from now on is when we have to max out and have to use that bar

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Pfft! Pfft I say!

Deadlifts are awesome, although they are one of my least favourite exercises due to how incredibly exhausting they can be.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please, somebody show me how to perform PERFECT deadlifts. I want to incorporate these to my back routine, but I have no idea how to do them properly. And I`m afraid of asking the trainers at my gym, they might not even know what deadlifts are.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just started off doing Stiff leg deads bout a week half ago..
i'd say if you do them right they can help with strength gains
depends also too, my form i do a little different to accommodate my double jointed arms
and joint problems, and other knee problems (wearing knee wraps do help :) ) but i'd have to stick with what everyone else is saying. i just got a membership at some fancy rich gym and i see people that workout and then leave the first notice they break a fucking sweat
and just barely do any free weight workouts. keep doing them man, and show those non-believers, this is true power.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I'm still doing them
I did what u all said and just told them to shut the fuck up
check out my log and you'll see haha