• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Deads vs SLDLs vs sumo deads vs....?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
SLDL will hit your hams and glutes and more the lower back (in part due to the good morning type movement).

Sumo's I find don't put as much stress on my lower back as there isn't so much bending over.

Deads are a bit of everything hence the better overall compound.
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
never tried good mornings i think
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ I'm not a fan of good mornings as it is too easy to corrupt your form and cause damage to your lower back. PLers train them, but usually do so in the company of other PLers who would call the set if the form deteriorated.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
^^ I'm not a fan of good mornings as it is too easy to corrupt your form and cause damage to your lower back. PLers train them, but usually do so in the company of other PLers who would call the set if the form deteriorated.

They're definitely an exercise you need to be careful on. I don't go particularly heavy on them because of this.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ I use them as a dynamic stretch and warmup exercise myself.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
do sldl to be as big as me :gaygay:
 

Similar threads

Bodybuilding News
Replies
0
Views
2K
Bodybuilding News
Bodybuilding News
Daniel Andersson
Replies
8
Views
4K
tkD
tkD
El Freako
Replies
21
Views
6K
Scoular
S
Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
568
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Top